Best Route From Bangkok To Cr And Cr To Sisaket ?

Krub

I am planning to drive on a Sunday from Bangkok to CR

Thinking of going north on route 9 then up north but which route numbers/cities would be best to reach CR ?

Is it possible in a day or does it need an overnight ?

Going from CR to Sisaket on a Wednesday

Thinking of : CR Phayao.Ngao, P-look, Khon Kaen, Sisaket

Possible in a day without overnight ?

Thanks

Thinking of going north on route 9 then up north but which route numbers/cities would be best to reach CR ?

Thanks

Two basic routes from BKK to CR.

First around 860 Km. North on Viphawadi Rangsit then bracnh slightly left following signs to Ayuthaya. (route 31?) as far as Nakornsawan then on route 1 through Kampangpetch, Tak, Lampang then Ngao, Phayoa and you're there. Great roads except there has been some ugly patching just after Thoen and teh road is very bumpy there. I do this route in around 8/half hours if there's no traffic. Scenery not much to look at and roads wuite straight and boring (having done it too many times)

Second: same route to Nakornsawan but branch off to Pit'lok follow signs to Uttaradit, Denchai, Phrae, then Ngao and Phayao. Good scenery and intersting. The stretch between Denchai and Ngao is a pain as it is mostly single carriage-way and if you get stuck behind a convoy of trucks it is all but impossible to pass. This route is also shorter by about 45 km.

From CR to Sisaket.

Just south of Denchai you will see an esso station on the left, just before a set of traffic lights. The signs pointing left is to Chatakarn and Nakorn Thai. Take it for a great trip thorugh the national park. It gets you out on H'way 12 near the town of Lomsak. From there follow down through CHaiyapum etc as far as the freindship hi-way. ALternatively, from Lomsak go all the way into KonKaen then down to Korat (Nakornratchasima) both teh same but different LOL.

Travel safe. Be especially wary of yoru speed in Kampangpetch if you take that route. The BIB are pretty strict there

AjarnP

Travel safe. Be especially wary of yoru speed in Kampangpetch if you take that route. The BIB are pretty strict there

AjarnP

Thanks a lot

What is BIB ? Do they have radar speed checks ?

First around 860 Km. North on Viphawadi Rangsit then bracnh slightly left following signs to Ayuthaya. (route 31?) as far as Nakornsawan

For what it's worth, that is Highway 32 from Bang Pa-In to just south of Nakhon Sawan. Highway 31 is the Viphavadi-Rangsit Highway.

Second: same route to Nakornsawan but branch off to Pit'lok follow signs to Uttaradit, Denchai, Phrae, then Ngao and Phayao. Good scenery and intersting. The stretch between Denchai and Ngao is a pain as it is mostly single carriage-way and if you get stuck behind a convoy of trucks it is all but impossible to pass. This route is also shorter by about 45 km.

There is a lot of construction right now on Highway 11 just north of Uttaradit, heading towards Denchai (widening to four-lane).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

First around 860 Km. North on Viphawadi Rangsit then bracnh slightly left following signs to Ayuthaya. (route 31?) as far as Nakornsawan then on route 1 through Kampangpetch, Tak, Lampang then Ngao, Phayoa and you're there. Great roads except there has been some ugly patching just after Thoen and teh road is very bumpy there. I do this route in around 8/half hours if there's no traffic. Scenery not much to look at and roads wuite straight and boring (having done it too many times)

From CR to Sisaket.

Just south of Denchai you will see an esso station on the left, just before a set of traffic lights. The signs pointing left is to Chatakarn and Nakorn Thai. Take it for a great trip thorugh the national park. It gets you out on H'way 12 near the town of Lomsak. From there follow down through CHaiyapum etc as far as the freindship hi-way. ALternatively, from Lomsak go all the way into KonKaen then down to Korat (Nakornratchasima) both teh same but different LOL.

AjarnP

Hi AjarnP,

I just did the drive as recommended via Tak and Lampang. Left at 7:30am arrived easily after a 9 hours drive at 4:30pm. This was with several stops for ga and food on the highway. All is dual carriageway except for a very few patches of single lanes due to repair and a few bumpy patches.

It is worth taking the Kampangpetch bypass as it saves quite a bid of city drive.

Thanks for the tip and yes it is very doable in a day

AFter a few days in CR I'll be heading for Sisaket

Thanks

From CR to Sisaket.

AjarnP

Hi AjarnP,

I just did the drive as recommended via Tak and Lampang. Left at 7:30am arrived easily after a 9 hours drive at 4:30pm. This was with several stops for ga and food on the highway. All is dual carriageway except for a very few patches of single lanes due to repair and a few bumpy patches.

It is worth taking the Kampangpetch bypass as it saves quite a bid of city drive.

Thanks for the tip and yes it is very doable in a day

AFter a few days in CR I'll be heading for Sisaket

You're most welcome and pleased that you enjoyed the trip so far.

I forgot to mention before that I doubt very much if you can make Sisaket in a day from CR. I would stop ta somewhere like Khon Khaen where there are plenty of good and/or cheap places to stay. I usually use the KOSA by the way.

Safe miles and big smiles,

AjarnP

You're most welcome and pleased that you enjoyed the trip so far.

I forgot to mention before that I doubt very much if you can make Sisaket in a day from CR. I would stop ta somewhere like Khon Khaen where there are plenty of good and/or cheap places to stay. I usually use the KOSA by the way.

Safe miles and big smiles,

AjarnP

Hi,

I left CR just after lunch and looked for the Esso station after Denchai. Did not find and stayed a night in Uttaradit

Did Uttaradit to Khun Han (60km south of Sisaket) 850km in 9 1/2 hours leaving at 8am and arriving before 6pm.

A very enjoyable drive but very long. Mostly very good roads with very little traffic

The turning for Chatakarn and Nakhon Thai was just 20km south of Uttaradit and cut quite a few km and the big road around Phitsanoluk.

The most interresting part and very scenic was between Uttaradit and Lom Sak. High hills , fresh air and nice views. Quite afew pleasant eateries and cheap local tribes gifts for sale. Coffee was great at 'The hills coffee' you cannot miss it. It has great views on top of a cliff.

The rice fields in Isaan are a beautifully young green colour

On Sunday back to Bangkok via route 24, 2 and 9 !