The Visa From Hull

Hi there

Im just coming up to my second entry on my tourist visa from vientienne and when that is up I was thinking of going back to the Uk for amonth to try and get one of these year visas from the consulate in Hull. I would like to stay in Asia longer and I believe that this visa is multiple entry therefore I can pop in and out to neighbouring countries if I wish?.... I have spoken to a company who advertise on this site and they ASSURED me that if they give me a letter from their company it will be granted. Also I have 12 sides-6 pages left in my passport, os this gonna be enough for the visa and the year, regarding stamps etc??? If not how long does a new passport take to sort out in the Uk for a british citizen, I have totally forgotten???. One more thing how long does it take to get the visa from hull, if i go there with documentation etc?? Sorry I know this is a long one!!

You shouldn't have any problem with the 1 year Non Imm O from Hull.

A relatively easy process, you can self certify yourself, no need for outside input.

By post, should take a couple or three days.

Take a look at their website.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Hope this helps.

Tony.

Like Tony said, you shouldn't have any problems getting one from Hull.

Well for me - I'm now 25 and have been using a multi non-immigrant O from Hull for a couple years now. Just paid the fee, filled out their forms, no other paper work or evidence of any kind was needed. Recieved it in the post within 4 days.

12 sides - 6 pages left in your passport? if you're only going to leave Thailand every 90 days, that should be plenty enough room for stamps, etc for the year.

Hi there

Im just coming up to my second entry on my tourist visa from vientienne and when that is up I was thinking of going back to the Uk for amonth to try and get one of these year visas from the consulate in Hull. I would like to stay in Asia longer and I believe that this visa is multiple entry therefore I can pop in and out to neighbouring countries if I wish?.... I have spoken to a company who advertise on this site and they ASSURED me that if they give me a letter from their company it will be granted. Also I have 12 sides-6 pages left in my passport, os this gonna be enough for the visa and the year, regarding stamps etc??? If not how long does a new passport take to sort out in the Uk for a british citizen, I have totally forgotten???. One more thing how long does it take to get the visa from hull, if i go there with documentation etc?? Sorry I know this is a long one!!

Visa from Hull - I posted my application at 15.00 hrs on a Tuesday and got it back before lunch on Thursday.

Hi there

Visa from Hull - I posted my application at 15.00 hrs on a Tuesday and got it back before lunch on Thursday.

Can I presume that all you guys are either British or EU citizens ? Possible for non-EU citizens to apply to RTE in Hull and via POST ?

Possible for non-EU citizens to apply to RTE in Hull and via POST ?

Yes, Hull will issue to non EU citizens. However they will only post to UK (EU?) addresses.

Hm....I see.

I'm an Asian, but the prospect of a 15-month Visa interests me. I'm trying to find an alternative to the usual double-entry from Vientiane.

Yes, Hull will issue to non EU citizens. However they will only post to UK (EU?) addresses.

I'm an Asian, but the prospect of a 15-month Visa interests me. I'm trying to find an alternative to the usual double-entry from Vientiane.

If you have someone in the UK to receive and forward on your passport you're in business :o

You MUST be OUTSIDE Thailand if you want to use this route. Any visa obtained whilst you are inside the kingdom is invalid and will likely be spotted and cancelled by border immigration.

Edited by Crossy

If you have someone in the UK to receive and forward on your passport you're in business :D

You MUST be OUTSIDE Thailand if you want to use this route. Any visa obtained whilst you are inside the kingdom is invalid and will likely be spotted and cancelled by border immigration.

Crossy isn't that blasphemy?

I was under the impression it was TV official doctrine that posting your passport was illegal :o

Cheers

If you have someone in the UK to receive and forward on your passport you're in business :D

Crossy isn't that blasphemy?

I was under the impression it was TV official doctrine that posting your passport was illegal :o

Probably going to get strung up but here we go:-

Posting your passport from WITHIN Thailand is most definately illegal, there is no argument here.

Posting your passport from another country is not, although it goes against the spirit of the rules. This is why Hull will now only post to UK / EU addresses, they are at least doing something to ensure that you're in the UK.

There was one poster last year sometime, who got a visa from a consulate (Hull maybe) before the rules were changed/clarified and had his PP posted back to Thailand, he was mightily dis-chuffed when the outgoing immigration man spotted and cancelled his shiny new visa :D

Edited by Crossy

Posting your passport from WITHIN Thailand is most definately illegal, there is no argument here.

Posting your passport from another country is not, although it goes against the spirit of the rules. This is why Hull will now only post to UK / EU addresses, they are at least doing something to ensure that you're in the UK.

Maybe but being in another country without your passport because you have posted it to Hull might be illegal.

Edited by Lite Beer

I see.

At least I get to know that I can go UK and apply for a 15-month Visa, even though the airfare from BKK to UK doesn't seem cost effective compared to an education Visa from Walen.

Maybe but being in another country without your passport because you have posted it to Hull might be illegal.

Absolutely, and there is no way I want to be in a foreign country with no passport (even if it's not illegal) what happens if you need to get out, fast!

The original question was posed by a person who described themselves as Asian, I am assuming that (s)he would be conducting this exercise from their home country so the issue would not arise :o

Having 2 passports is not illegal though.

Cheers

Having 2 passports is not illegal though.

Cheers

No. If you are lucky to be in that position.

I think the only problem you might have is your passport the thai visa is one whole page, and one for stamps . but every time you pop over to another country you could lose a page for thier visa , but if you stayed in thailand and only popped over to cambodia every 90 days you will only lose 1 page per vist

I think the only problem you might have is your passport the thai visa is one whole page, and one for stamps . but every time you pop over to another country you could lose a page for thier visa , but if you stayed in thailand and only popped over to cambodia every 90 days you will only lose 1 page per vist

Careful - Cambodia takes a whole page for the visa AND they put the "in" and "out" stamps on the facing page. The "in" and "out" stamps take about a quarter of a page so you end up needing 1 whole page plus a quarter even on a border hop.

mmmm maybe its worth getting a new one before I go back. How long does it take to get a new passport at the british embassy in bangkok?? Is there one in phuket??

So even if the passport is cancelled, the visa in it will still be valid?? Is that correct??

I have just got married in Thailand and i am travelling back to the UK in July for a week. So to get a non 'o' all i need to do in Hull is fill out the self declaration, pay the money and i can get a multi-entry. I don't need to take my marriage certificate, bank details etc. If i do need my marriage certificate, does it need to be translated or can i just take the original Thai version.

Thanks Jon

I would take you marriage certificate just in case there was a change while you were in transit, along with a copy of wife ID card. Believe the Thai should be accepted (at full Consulates it is).

I would take you marriage certificate just in case there was a change while you were in transit, along with a copy of wife ID card. Believe the Thai should be accepted (at full Consulates it is).

Cheers lopburi3

Jon

I'm puzzled why people seem to think you need to leave the country every 90 days on a multiple entry visa.

Quote from Hull consuls visa application pack :

"If, with multiple entry visa, you wish to remain in Thailand it is necessary for you to visit a convenient Thai Immigration Border Control Office on about day 88 of your 90-day stay to activate your next 90-day stay. You can keep doing this every 85-90 days whilst your visa remains valid."

So there is no reason to leave for a full year - plus maybe another 90 days if you go just before the year expires.

Personally I will be returning to the UK approximately every 2 months so it doesnt make any difference to me.

I'm puzzled why people seem to think you need to leave the country every 90 days on a multiple entry visa.

Quote from Hull consuls visa application pack :

"If, with multiple entry visa, you wish to remain in Thailand it is necessary for you to visit a convenient Thai Immigration Border Control Office on about day 88 of your 90-day stay to activate your next 90-day stay. You can keep doing this every 85-90 days whilst your visa remains valid."

So there is no reason to leave for a full year - plus maybe another 90 days if you go just before the year expires.

Personally I will be returning to the UK approximately every 2 months so it doesnt make any difference to me.

Last time I went to the local immigration to get an extension they gave me 7 days.

On re-reading your quote, it does say you need to go to an Immigration Border Control Office, which implies that is on the border, which implies you have to cross said border.

I have been on non-o's for the last 3 years, and you definitely do need to leave every 90 days, allbeit many of those trips have consisted of leaving for a few minutes before returning.

The multi-entry visa is 90 days maximum per visit.

Hence the need for a border run every 90 days!!

If you qualify for a one year extension based on Work/Marriage/Retirement

then there is no need to leave. :o