6 Months It Contract In Thailand

I used to work as an IT contractor before I came to Thailand.

Since living here, I have not worked but just invested in businesses etc, (loss some, won some!). I had a non-immigrant multi-entry B for that purpose. Right now I have a 1-year non-imm ED visa extension.

Now I have been offered a very well-paid 6 month IT contract in BKK :o

Rather than go and form a new Thai ltd company just for this work, is there any way that an existing Thai ltd company could legally employ me for this period, obtaining a WP for me to perform the IT work of this contract for the client of vthis contract?

Or is it just as cheap and easy to set up a new Thai ltd company for this purpose?

Simon

Hi - yes I know that the Ed is no good for a WP :o

Re the guest-house, that is a sole-trader business of my ex-wife, so no help there...

Simon

why isn't the customer/employer taking care of the work permit ?

Edited by kiakaha

Reading the OP, I'm assuming that the position is freelance, and that neither the agency or provider nor the ultimate client want to have an 'employee' relationship, though the WP itself would have to be issued by one of these two entities and a suitable visa obtained as was noted.

Regards

I used to work as an IT contractor before I came to Thailand.

Since living here, I have not worked but just invested in businesses etc, (loss some, won some!). I had a non-immigrant multi-entry B for that purpose. Right now I have a 1-year non-imm ED visa extension.

Now I have been offered a very well-paid 6 month IT contract in BKK :o

Rather than go and form a new Thai ltd company just for this work, is there any way that an existing Thai ltd company could legally employ me for this period, obtaining a WP for me to perform the IT work of this contract for the client of vthis contract?

Or is it just as cheap and easy to set up a new Thai ltd company for this purpose?

Simon

Have the company offering the contract either employ you and get you a wp or give you the money to form a company.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

why isn't the customer/employer taking care of the work permit ?

[\quote]

Yes, that is an offer made by them to 'sponsor' etc. But this was an additional (and high) fee! So I was looking at other options (of which there are few). Maybe the best thing for me is to say that if they want me then they need to pay the sponsor fees!

Simon