True Or False? 10,000 Baht

hey,

heard a rumour from a friend in chiang rai that 10,000 baht is now required to be shown on re entry from burma to thailand on the thai side(am assuming he means tachilek - mae sai). (30 day tourist stamp)

is this true and if so does it now apply to all border crossings into thailand ie. cambodia as well?

need to hit thailand for an atm machine from koh kong due to cambodian holidays and this scenario leaves me without the 10,000 in my pocket. Please tell me this is just rumour or I'll be eating f****** rice for 5 days until cambodian banks reopen.

It's true and is not a new rule.  It is only being checked for selected travelers at this stage but much more often than previously and anyone crossing anywhere should have it just in case.

thanks for that. At least I'm a good chance then - usually come monthly and have never been asked before.

Not sure what you mean by a good chance but my guess is you are in the target group if you cross monthly.

It's true and is not a new rule.  It is only being checked for selected travelers at this stage but much more often than previously and anyone crossing anywhere should have it just in case.

thanks for that. At least I'm a good chance then - usually come monthly and have never been asked before.

Not sure what you mean by a good chance but my guess is you are in the target group if you cross monthly.

10 in a row and no problem today either - straight through no questions.