Sky At Night

RIZLA+

Why i ask is because there is a lot of activity going on up there .

Like what?

Actually I do go out and look occasionally when the pollution isn't too bad. I stumbled across a really beautiful free program called Stellarium (Linux) which shows you the position of all the stars and planets as they should appear at any given time, names and constellations etc (you just have to give it the lat/long for Bangkok). I'm quite fascinated with it but unfortunately, hard to see what's going on here.

This question reminds me of the year 1976, when I was on Holiday in Jersey, Channel islands.

A very well known TV Comedy and COM SITU man , he died quite some years ago, was staying at my hotel on holiday.

One night, he went out for a walk . On his return, his wife said to him ...' Where have you been all night?

He replied, 'I decided to go out and have a ponder where the Sun went at night, and suddenly, it DAWNED on me!'

:o ....very true story. Though better and hilarious in true life . The dining room was full of guests at breakfast, they could not eat for laughing .

Edited by TEFLMike

Last night looking at the full moon and playing my guitar in Oceanside California.

In Feb. I was in Krabi and marvelling at the full moon over the river while walking down that awesome boardwalk there. That place kicks booty.

The UK, and indeed, Europe, were given orders to have more 'Down-Direct' Lighting on all roads. The previous lighting on all roads and Motorways were,killing the night sky off.

That was a few years ago, and now , many motorways now have 'Down-Direct' Lights .

The lighting is quite fascinating , it is quite powerful, without shining upwards, and it s like driving in dayight, weird, but true.

Many countries are now adopting this sytem of lighting.

Just thought I would share this, as I wonder if Thailand has adopted this system. I note that on Motorways, the giant advertising boards, can be quite frustrating. Do they really need them so large?

Is there a reason for it? Explanations would be welcome please

Edited by TEFLMike

When was the last time you spent 10 minutes or more looking at the night sky ?

Having seen what it has done to patrick more I decided it wasnt worth the risk.

By the way are you the red, green, blue or silver Rizla?

Incidentally, whoever told you " smile and the world smiles with you" was pulling your chain,

roy gsd

The last time I looked at the sky at length was upon waking after being run down by a drunk driver.

I gave up cycling after that.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but even non cyclists get hit by drunk drivers, strange such a thought never occured to you while looking at the stars.

The last time I looked at the sky at length was upon waking after being run down by a drunk driver.

I gave up cycling after that.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but even non cyclists get hit by drunk drivers, strange such a thought never occured to you while looking at the stars.

It wasn't so bad, I can walk again now and I'm waiting for the shuttle to Venus.