Home Security System Installation

anothertorres

I emailed ESC for a quote, haven't heard back from them just yet but can anyone recommend an alternative?

Try "Master Safety Enterprises" on Pattaya Tai, Andre who runs the company is a very nice guy & a long term Pattaya resident, they also have a web site:

We have an alarm fitted & monitored by ESC, there monitoring service works very well, but as of late the ESC after sales service has not been the best.

Master safety also offer a montoring service & I think it is cheaper than ESC?

I emailed ESC for a quote, haven't heard back from them just yet but can anyone recommend an alternative?

Try "Master Safety Enterprises" on Pattaya Tai, Andre who runs the company is a very nice guy & a long term Pattaya resident, they also have a web site:

We have an alarm fitted & monitored by ESC, there monitoring service works very well, but as of late the ESC after sales service has not been the best.

Master safety also offer a montoring service & I think it is cheaper than ESC?

I have had ESC alarm fitted in 2 houses and 1 office with monitoring systems for each and had no problem with either and the after sales service has been excellent.

I used PTL for cameras and alarms on every door and window. Not so expensive and works well, if there is a problem they will come the same day. They are on the Southbound carriageway of Sukhumvit by the pedestrian bridge in Nakluah.

Khun Chakapan speaks good English, 038726810.

I used PTL for cameras and alarms on every door and window. Not so expensive and works well, if there is a problem they will come the same day. They are on the Southbound carriageway of Sukhumvit by the pedestrian bridge in Nakluah.

Khun Chakapan speaks good English, 038726810.

Agreed!

PM me for help. I know a very reliable and competent company in BKK. They only use Bosch alarm system and they are indeed professional!

Regards

Moo9

PM me for help. I know a very reliable and competent company in BKK. They only use Bosch alarm system and they are indeed professional!

Regards

Moo9

I also have contacts In BKK with good alarm companies, but for a small house job, defeating the object to get a quote from there, when it goes wrong do the tech dept need to come down to BKK to service the system

We have just completed a project in Pattaya, the client had his alarm installed from a good BKK company, but since installed had a few tething problems, they now regret having bought it from BKK

Had a whole house system fitted by ESC which was not so bad except the fitters came from BKK and forgot to connect the monitoring part of the system (if the alarm goes off it calls your mobile). After 2 years of calls asking for it to be corrected as we had paid for it .... yes 2 years .... some guy turned up and after 5 hours mucking about with codes etc (very obvious he didn't have a clue) i kindly told him to give up and go home. Therefore i would give ESC a miss and try some of the others around Pattaya.

Maybe they are good but thats my experience and i will no use them again on my new house when the security system is required.

Thescot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I paid 60,000 for a one room security system with one motion detector. Its supposed to have an access control door too. That was over a month ago, I'm hoping its completed soon.

Wow...60k for one room...!!! I had my whole house done for that amount.....wireless motion detectors and door switches + calls your mobile phone...

if anyone is wondering... this was my post from almost 2 years ago now. i had my system installed by one of the joints out of Bangkok. i moved after one year and they came back and did the new house. they performed both duties with the utmost responsibility. i will look to find the name of the company if anyone is interested...

Wow...60k for one room...!!! I had my whole house done for that amount.....wireless motion detectors and door switches + calls your mobile phone...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Phill,....nothing more to it (the installation). One room one motion detector and a request for radio to base for monitoring. Last time I did the radio to base thing (15 years ago)they used a type of two way radio frequency, I didn't realize that now a simple mobile phone sim card and dialer is used (meaning I also pay phone costs)

The only extra request was an simple electric lock on my door so that there is a key pad pin access-- that has all access info recorded. So far I paid Baht 60,000 (andre Masterkey pattaya) and the door access recording part hasn't been accomplished yet. (I paid top Dollar--Im tired of hassles from suppliers here-- and hoping for a trouble free job for once)

By the way I saw a complete security system at HOME PRO in BKK for Baht 2,500, simple enough for the house wife to install and it dials your mobile phone. Maybe you get a kick out dealing with locals here, otherwise buy from an organized multi national corporation, and DIYS

Not trying to be funny but seems to you have been stitched up, I have seem the key locks you are talking about for about 25k.

• 2 months later...

I used Andre at MSE and it worked out fine. Nice system, every door and window covered with hidden contacts...hardwired, motion detector, fire alarm, 2 outdoor honkers/flashing lights. We had a few issues, but he stood up to them and made everything OK. No complaints....

I also had problems with ESC not contacting me...they finally did. Nice folks, but Andre was a bit cheaper...and replied very fast. So went with him. He has also done several other houses in our community. Good references....

What is it you are all trying to protect...is it primarily you property or are you scared to come home at nite (or be awoken in the nite) and find a prowler in your homes? I mean, seriously, all these posts all the time about securing one's home...it seems pretty silly to me. Maybe you all have one of those silly farang-style show homes with miles of easily broken into sliding glass doors and cheapo sliding windows (and you refuse to put up bars as that would ruin the esthetics of the home). Really, this is Thailand...no one gives a flying @(#$ about anyone's home's esthetics. Or is it you're afraid of being trapped and frying when your misses actidently sets the house on fire.

As to property, what in the heck do you keep in your homes that's so valuable and worth the cost of these expensive security systems. I mean, sheeze, TVs and computers are cheap as chips these days...getting them stolen is a good excuse to get a better and/or bigger model anyway! Expensive jewerly and watches...why would anyone have such silly things in Pattaya anyway?

He's all anyone needs to know about home security: Install quality window and door bars on the house, polystyrene-foam insulate the roof tiles in place (prevents tile removal and access from the roof), and move out of expensive farang-ghetto moobaans where everyone is away all day and nite. Move to a place with a mix of Thais and expatriates as then there will always be Thai people out and about day and nite to keep a watch out...and get to know your Thai neighbors!

If you just can't stand window bars, get heavy duty casement windows with thick safety glass (almost impossible to break). Also, cement or bolt to the floor or wall a decent safe and keep small valuable items and cash in there.

There, you know have a safe and secure home and no silly electronic toys to play with and fail on you.

This is being posted by me for Andre Machielsen as he is banned from posting here.

=============================================

To respond to the accusations from "regfrancis"

Our company is successfully in business for over 23 years with literally thousands of satisfied customers. We go out of our way to satisfy all clients but obviously there is always one who has unrealistic expectations and then starts bad mouthing. This particular (ex) client was served to the limit of our ability (and patience) and way beyond normal practice but now chooses to give incomplete and misleading information to further his case. No further comments from our side.

=======================================

Edited by skippy_nl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Phill,....nothing more to it (the installation). One room one motion detector and a request for radio to base for monitoring. Last time I did the radio to base thing (15 years ago)they used a type of two way radio frequency, I didn't realize that now a simple mobile phone sim card and dialer is used (meaning I also pay phone costs)

The only extra request was an simple electric lock on my door so that there is a key pad pin access-- that has all access info recorded. So far I paid Baht 60,000 (andre Masterkey pattaya) and the door access recording part hasn't been accomplished yet. (I paid top Dollar--Im tired of hassles from suppliers here-- and hoping for a trouble free job for once)

By the way I saw a complete security system at HOME PRO in BKK for Baht 2,500, simple enough for the house wife to install and it dials your mobile phone. Maybe you get a kick out dealing with locals here, otherwise buy from an organized multi national corporation, and DIYS

Not trying to be funny but seems to you have been stitched up, I have seem the key locks you are talking about for about 25k.

................................................................................

Home pro has the magnitic door lock with a nice digital key pad for Bt 7,000 .

With My Bt 60,000 installation from ''Master safety'' my door has a digital key pad that uses a plastic token to open it. The digital key pad has no purpose and entrys are not logged or recorded. So it has no extra purpose that a Bt 200 lock. I'm not happy!!