Vaccinations For Children

moneyshot

Hi,

I have a 2 month old baby and we are starting with the vaccinations.

There are some expensive ones, which the Doctor cannot really explain how necessary they are for Thailand in particular. Apparently standard now in the US, but does that mean it is beneficial in Thailand?

Anyway the vaccine in question is PCV - Pneumococcus Conjugate Vaccine. It costs 4,500 a shot and 4 shots are required, not exactly going to break the bank but I would rather not give my child unnecessary immunisations.

Thanks. :o

Interesting and scary articles:

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-techn...U-S--Childrens-

Immunization-Schedule-Develop-Behavioral-Symptoms-of-Autism-2122-1/

Infant Primates Given Vaccines on U.S. Children's Immunization Schedule Develop Behavioral Symptoms of Autism

-- A primate model for autism using the U.S. children's immunization schedule was unveiled at the International Meeting For Autism Research (IMFAR) this weekend. The research underscores the critical need for studies into vaccine safety and the immune and mitochondrial dysfunction of autistic children. The National Autism Association (NAA) questions why the government hasn't undertaken these vital studies and why researchers have had to depend on private money to perform this critical science that will surely impact the health of millions of children worldwide.

While the authors and organizations associated with this study are withholding comment until publication, University of Pittsburgh's Dr. Laura Hewitson, Ph.D., described at the IMFAR meeting how vaccinated animals, when compared to unvaccinated animals, showed significant neurodevelopmental deficits and "significant associations between specific aberrant social and non-social behaviors, isotope binding, and vaccine exposure."

Researchers also reported at the scientific meeting that "vaccinated animals exhibited progressively severe chronic active inflammation whereas unexposed animals did not" and found "many significant differences in the GI tissue gene expression profiles between vaccinated and unvaccinated animals." Gastrointestinal issues are a common symptom of children with regressive autism. ...

... Recently the government's vaccine court conceded the case of Hannah Poling, admitting that vaccines triggered her regression into autism by exacerbating mitochondrial dysfunction. "The recent Poling case and this new research provide further evidence that the CDC has fallen down on their job to protect children from harm. The biomedical research to date suggests that parental reports of regression following vaccination is not only plausible, but likely in certain individuals," said Scott Bono, NAA Chairman. "To date, the CDC has conducted no safety testing on the possible harmful effects of simultaneously administering multiple vaccines to infants, and has steadfastly refused to state a preference for mercury-free vaccines to be given to children and pregnant women. It's time for HHS and Congress to step in and take vaccine safety away from the CDC."

http://jcn.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/22/11/1308

Department of Psychology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa

The question of what is leading to the apparent increase in autism is of great importance. Like the link between aspirin and heart attack, even a small effect can have major health implications. If there is any link between autism and mercury, it is absolutely crucial that the first reports of the question are not falsely stating that no link occurs. We have reanalyzed the data set originally reported by Ip et al. in 2004 and have found that the original p value was in error and that a significant relation does exist between the blood levels of mercury and diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder. Moreover, the hair sample analysis results offer some support for the idea that persons with autism may be less efficient and more variable at eliminating mercury from the blood.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/...ci_b_88323.html

... After years of insisting there is no evidence to link vaccines with the onset of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), the US government has quietly conceded a vaccine-autism case in the Court of Federal Claims...

... The doctors conceded that the child was healthy and developing normally until her 18-month well-baby visit, when she received vaccinations against nine different diseases all at once (two contained thimerosal).

Days later, the girl began spiraling downward into a cascade of illnesses and setbacks that, within months, presented as symptoms of autism, including: No response to verbal direction; loss of language skills; no eye contact; loss of "relatedness;" insomnia; incessant screaming; arching; and "watching the florescent lights repeatedly during examination."

Seven months after vaccination, the patient was diagnosed by Dr. Andrew Zimmerman, a leading neurologist at the Kennedy Krieger Children's Hospital Neurology Clinic, with "regressive encephalopathy (brain disease) with features consistent with autistic spectrum disorder, following normal development." The girl also met the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) official criteria for autism.

In its written concession, the government said the child had a pre-existing mitochondrial disorder that was "aggravated" by her shots, and which ultimately resulted in an ASD diagnosis.

Nienke

My son is four months old and had his first shot BCG the day after birth

in his medical book,

is listed the shots that he has had and will have up to the age of 5

so far he has had , the BCG, once , Hepatitis B vaccine (HBV) twice ,Oral Polio vaccine (OPV) once ,and Diptheria Pertussis Tetanus (DPT) once .

Later on he will have Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR), Japanese Encephalitis vaccine (JE), and Diptheria Tetenus vaccine (DT.

That is in his Immunization & Health Record book givin to us by Thammasat Hospital ,

there is no mention of the Pneumococcus Conjugate Vaccine. at all and my brother in law is a Thai doctor and has said that it is not a requirement , but a option.

Hope this helps .

colino

Ps i forgot to mention we go to the hospital for his shots and pay 100-200 baht

Edited by colino

My son is now ten months old and we were on holiday in Ireland when his second batch of vaccine was due. In Ireland they routinely vaccinate against certain strains of menningitis. This vaccine is not routinely given here in Thailand so I'm debating whether or not to continue with these meningitis vaccinations here ( he has had only one so far). I have heard different opinions.

Hi,

There are some expensive ones, which the Doctor cannot really explain how necessary they are for Thailand in particular. Apparently standard now in the US, but does that mean it is beneficial in Thailand?

Anyway the vaccine in question is PCV - Pneumococcus Conjugate Vaccine. It costs 4,500 a shot and 4 shots are required, not exactly going to break the bank but I would rather not give my child unnecessary immunisations.

Why are people paying for vacination injections In Thailand ? I have a 6 month and all her injections are fee

Hi,

Why are people paying for vacination injections In Thailand ? I have a 6 month and all her injections are fee

The non-regular vaccines need to be paid for, but yes the routine ones are free.

Immunization-Schedule-Develop-Behavioral-Symptoms-of-Autism-2122-1/

Infant Primates Given Vaccines on U.S. Children's Immunization Schedule Develop Behavioral Symptoms of Autism

-- A primate model for autism using the U.S. children's immunization schedule was unveiled at the International Meeting For Autism Research (IMFAR) this weekend. The research underscores the critical need for studies into vaccine safety and the immune and mitochondrial dysfunction of autistic children. The National Autism Association (NAA) questions why the government hasn't undertaken these vital studies and why researchers have had to depend on private money to perform this critical science that will surely impact the health of millions of children worldwide.

etc etc etc...

The overwhelming majority of evidence from both human and animal medicine indicates that many vaccines are very effective in preventing disease in individuals. They also clearly serve to reduce transmission amongst the public at large by reducing the number of vulnerable hosts. If you don't want to vaccinate your kids, fine, but you are putting their health needlessly at risk and also the health of others. My brother in law was unfortunate enough to suffer brain damage from a rubella infection when he was being carried, had his mother been vaccinated or the person that infected her, perhaps things would have worked out differently.

To revert to the OP's question:

Pneumococcal pneumonia is found world wide. The risks of it and the benefits of the vaccine are equally applicable in the Us and in Thailand. That it is not required in Thailand reflects the fact that the Thai government has not as yet decided to pay for it (they have to provide free of charge vaccines that they require).

Current research on causes of pneumonia in children in Cambodia is finding a lot of pneumoccocus. If I were you, I'd vaccinate. The cost of the vaccine are a lot lleess than the costs of hospitalization for this disease not to mention how you'd feel if your child contacted a disease you could have prevented.

A vaccine NOT routinely given in the US but advisable for Thailand id the human rabies vaccine. There are many stray dogs about, some of them indeed rabid and aggressive. If you do not get this vaccine in the US you can do so once in Thaialnd. I strongly recommend for anyone coming here and most especially kids.

Also Hepatitis A vaccine if not already given, whole family should get it.

Fatality rate foir rabies is virtually 100%. I have seen expats die of rabies in Asia and it is not pretty. Post-exposure vaccination (which is what you'll have to do if your child does not get the human diploid vaccine and is bitten by a dog as is quite possible here) involves a long series of painful shots and carries a risk of allergic reaction.

I got Hep A here in the early 1980's back when there was no vaccine it was no fun to put it mildly.