Corporate Social Responsibility (csr) Plan For Pattaya

Graphics

Hello

At the moment, I currently need to prepare a CSR project, which will be taken place in Pattaya.

We need positive ideas in order to help improve the lives of many people in Pattaya.

Now let me ask a few Pattaya local residents, or anyone else too, What do you think would be a good idea to implement in Pattaya ?

This is basically about Corporate Social Responsibility : anything that could help the Society in Pattaya as a whole.

Ex.: Opening a public school.

But we need more original ideas, and from someone who acutally lives there and is then experiencing a daily life there in Pattaya.

Many thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing great replies.

Kind regards :o

GPHCS

Edited by Graphics

Hello

At the moment, I currently need to prepare a CSR project, which will be taken place in Pattaya.

We need positive ideas in order to help improve the lives of many people in Pattaya.

Now let me ask a few Pattaya local residents, or anyone else too, What do you think would be a good idea to implement in Pattaya ?

This is basically about Corporate Social Responsibility : anything that could help the Society in Pattaya as a whole.

But we need more original ideas, and from someone who acutally lives there and is then experiencing a daily life there in Pattaya.

GPHCS

A dedicated emergency response number for Ambulance, Fire & Police services same as 111, 000, 999 911 combined with CAD computer Aided Dispatch.

Fix the roads, sign post and identify streets / sois

Clean the rubbish up

Introduce a common sense campaign! WHAT??

Hello

GPHCS

It all depends on your budget.

A new home for The Mercy Centre would help a few people who could do with a hand. They are a kids charity, who look after street kids and oversee education scholarships.

The Carillion (sp?) Centre looks after kids affected by AIDS either as orphans.

Father Ray's, again looking after kids.

These organisations are not big and flashy but do good work.

If you are a brave Corporate, you could sponsor a "Clean-up Pattaya" and start a phone line to report corruption. You would need to issue flack jackets to the staff. It would really help, but some things are hard to change.

Lessons on ethics and what it means to the rest of the world would help here especially if given to all public officials.

Explaining the concept of accountability and how other countries look for these things before they invest. (Pipe dreams)

The public schools could all do with help,

computers and people to teach the staff and students how to use them, uniforms for some of the students,

books, pens pencils text books

a library,

regular school lunches for all students not just the ones that can afford them.

A public library!

Unfortunately when some of the folk in charge smell money they suddenly become your best friend to guide you to their areas of interest, along with their friends who will sell you what ever you need.

The suggestion about the roads may seem a little trite but it would help all levels of society here if the roads were safer to travel on. Unfortunately as was alleged on another thread there are only a limited number of contractors authorized to work on the roads and they are linked to the father on the Mayor.

Hello

Kind regards :D

GPHCS

A dedicated emergency response number for Ambulance, Fire & Police services same as 111, 000, 999 911 combined with CAD computer Aided Dispatch.

Clean the rubbish up

It 's a campaign for a Public relations course.

Much more helpful to get ideas from people who actually live there.

:o

Hello

GPHCS

Clean the rubbish up

I have lived & worked here for 5 years, you said a CRS Project but really it's a public relations campaign so why would you use opening a school as an example.

PR Campaign:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (Anti litter)

Buckle up (Wear seat belts) & stick a lid on it (As in wear a safety helmet when riding a motor cycle or a push bike)

Neighbourhood Watch Promotion

Disaster Response Plan, floods earthquake.

Hello

GPHCS

Clean the rubbish up

I have lived & worked here for 5 years, you said a CRS Project but really it's a public relations campaign so why would you use opening a school as an example.

PR Campaign:

Buckle up (Wear seat belts) & stick a lid on it (As in wear a safety helmet when riding a motor cycle or a push bike)

No, It's a CSR project for a Public Relations Campaign. Opening a public school of course is an example. But im looking for other issues, something different. An idea from someone who is living there.

:D

Hello

GPHCS

Clean the rubbish up

PR Campaign:

No, It's a CSR project for a Public Relations Campaign. Opening a public school of course is an example.

:D

But im looking for other issues, something different. An idea from someone who is living there.

Hello

GPHCS

why not a neirbourh house in belguim we call it buurthuis, where peopel learn about their rights perhaps if thai peopel stay more on their rights we could as well and if nesecairi we or they strike i feel young again

more drugs awareness for young thai kids.

life sentence for thais with guns in their possession.

more respnsibility by thai fathers with their ex gf or wives.

big reduction in thai and farang drinking in public places.ie streets etc.

enforcement of cigarette ban but not extortion by bib.

complete re-education for bib on basic police duties and un buddhist like to kill and use corruption to enhance wages.

Corporate Social Responsibility? Why does my nose detect the odour of bovine scatology?

All I see is photo opportunities of squeaky clean folks in shiny suits spouting forth the verbal diarrhoea learnt during the, nowadays, mandatory MBA course.

Virtually every practical suggestion put so far has been dismissed, the OP and presumably his/her chums do not want to get their hands dirty doing anything that might be construed as work.

But then I don't live in Pattaya (did for twelve years '92 to '04) so I don't have an opinion.

But if I was allowed an opinion I'd suggest things like:-

Fix the roads.

Fix the drainage.

Fix the pavements (sidewalks).

Bury the cables.

Fix the street lighting.

etc etc.

But these are practical things that require physical effort rather than hot air.

btw Corporate Social Responsibility? What exactly does that mean in practical terms an engineer like me could understand.

What this city really needs is the completion of any number of projects already underway. The norm here seems to be to start as many new projects as possible, presumably for the associated backhanders, but nothing is ever followed through to completion.

Public reporting of the outcome of every court case and legal 'issue' that gets so much coverage during the event but disappears from view the next day.

If justice is seen to be done then there might be a deterrent effect on future crime.

Best thing is that the news reporters already exist - zero cost.....

....as long as there is justice being carried out by the courts?

No, It's a CSR project for a Public Relations Campaign. Opening a public school of course is an example. But im looking for other issues, something different. An idea from someone who is living there.

The first thing would be to learn what CSR actually is!!! What you are asking is posters to give you the basis for your work for your degree instead of researching as normal. CSR has been included in the UN speeches plus the UK PM of the time also highlighted it.

CSR - All companies have a corporate social responsibility to the communities they operate in, its not just about providing jobs and making profit they also have a responsibility to suport community projects, which means not to pay for things the statuatory authorities have a legal obligation to provide even if they do not!

Instead they could adopt a local charity or community centre etc etc, does not take a degree to make up your own list and extrapulate that out for a PR campaign.

How about a campaign that encourages Thai's to correctly register as living in and around Pattaya, which then means they would be entitled to vote, receive the FREE healthcare system etc etc. Ask a Thai and they have NO idea that they can EVEN do it, let alone HOW to do it. That would be a good start and then you may, just may get more than 17,000 people turning up for the local election in a city that is rated as having the 3rd or 4th largest populace in the country.

Surprisingly everyone would benefit as Pattaya would receive more finance from central government based on population, local people would feel more inclined to say what they think and the whole place would become more permanent rather than just a transient hole as it is now in many Thai's eyes. Just go and look up in the North East - dirt poor villages and for the most part, well kept and relatively well maintained.