Visa Marriage, Work, Resident.

Hi :o

I'm an English Engineer, 34 years old, married in Thailand, we have a new baby and a house in Thailand in my wifes name.

I've had some contact with engineering companies in bangkok asking for my assistance with some of there projects.

At present I enter Thailand on a tourist visa, but I would like to be able to accept some of the offers i have had for work. I would also like to stay in Thailand as long as possible without having to leave.

What kind of visa whould be best for me?

What options do I have?

How long does it last?

How much?

Hope to here from poeple with experience of working, living with family in Thailand who have already applied for visas.

Hi :o

I'm an English Engineer, 34 years old, married in Thailand, we have a new baby and a house in Thailand in my wifes name.

I've had some contact with engineering companies in bangkok asking for my assistance with some of there projects.

At present I enter Thailand on a tourist visa, but I would like to be able to accept some of the offers i have had for work. I would also like to stay in Thailand as long as possible without having to leave.

What kind of visa whould be best for me?

What options do I have?

How long does it last?

How much?

Hope to here from poeple with experience of working, living with family in Thailand who have already applied for visas.

2 choices.

Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa from Hull Consulate would give you up to 15 months stay but would mean a border run every 90 days. Cost 100 pounds.

In Thailand apply for a yearly extension if you have a family income of 40,000 Baht a month. No need for border runs.

Cost 1,900 Baht plus the cost of your Non O Imm Visa.

You would need a work permit to work.

Hull Consulate Website.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

Edited by Lite Beer

Actually with your marriage certificate, copy of wife id card/home register many Consulates would issue you a multi entry non immigrant O visa (especially as you get out of the immediate area of Thailand). I am assuming your wife is Thai from her home ownership remark.

No visa allows you to work but you would be allowed to obtain a work permit on a non immigrant visa entry if the company can support it.