Reasonably Priced Hotels/b&b In Chiang Mai

Thailaw

Can anyone recommend a (several) reasonably priced (B1000 or less) hotel(s) or bed and breakfast(s) in Chiang Mai? It should be suitable for a small child--i.e., clean and not too noisy. Proximity to the weekend markets is a plus, but not essential. Contact information (phone number, e-mail address or web site) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

top north guest house on soi 3 off moon muang was good, they have a few spacious air conned rooms at 500b per night and the pool there is really nice. food was a bit on the pricey side mind so don't eat there.

top north guest house on soi 3 off moon muang was good, they have a few spacious air conned rooms at 500b per night and the pool there is really nice. food was a bit on the pricey side mind so don't eat there.

Actually, it is on Moon Muang Soi 2. :o

NOVOTEL has rooms 750++ now if u book directly from their accorhotels-asia.com page.

u can add breakfast or not, if u dont need it or dont want to pay the extra 150 baht.

those places TOP NORTH and MONTRI are no good value in my humble opinion...... I know arpund 20+ hotels were I have been staying myself, and the only GOOD thing about Top North is their marketing, and the pool is ok..... the rooms are lousy, though.....

an amazing value for money you can get at the DIAMOND RIVERSIDE these days. its a huge concrete block with 400+ rooms, but in a prime location, just 3 minutes walk to the night bazaar, overlooking the Mae Ping river (and in most of the cases u will be able to get a room with riverview these days).

this hotel has, for a reason I dont know, not a good image and is not very popular. it obviously had big problems during the many floodings that occured in CM in the past few years, as its located at the river banks.

but they have kinda renovated many of their floors, the rooms are big, have a huge king-size bed with good mattress, have a good bathroom with bathtub. very new decent carpet, not the usual rundown-smelly-musty thing. the room is definitely 3-star-standard. I took pictures last time, if u want them, I can send you.

the hotel won't win an award for atmosphere or courtesy of its staff, and the breakfast-buffet wont win prices either, but at least its included in the AMAZING rate of just 700 Baht an night, if u book at the offical CM-Hotel-association's airport hotel-counters (OUTSIDE the arrival-area, not inside. and definitely NO need to book in advance).

that "value for money" makes places such as MONTRI or TOP NORTH HOTEL look like clowns....

Thanks for the great suggestions, all!

I have read in other Chiang Mai threads that CM has great food, but I have no idea where. I want to sample this great fare when I visit from the south later next month. So, please chime in on my next topic -- where do the locals (at least residents of Thailand) eat, drink and what do they do? seeking the best non-tourist eateries, drinkeries and activities (day and night (separate)) the CM has to offer-- which I will start soon. Cheers,

that "value for money" makes places such as MONTRI or TOP NORTH HOTEL look like clowns....

The MONTRI and TOP NORTH HOTEL are reasonably priced all year round. The hotels you are promoting are just desperate because there are so few customers around right now. It's not like they are doing anyone any favors. :o

The MONTRI and TOP NORTH HOTEL are reasonably priced all year round. The hotels you are promoting are just desperate because there are so few customers around right now. It's not like they are doing anyone any favors. :o

And isn't it nice when you walk into the good old Montri and you are recognised by all the staff who always remember your name.

There has been a stigma about the Diamond Hotel, both the original and the new for many, many years.

And isn't it nice when you walk into the good old Montri and you are recognised by all the staff who always remember your name.

Same here. In fact when I used to phone to make a booking I never had to tell them my name as they recognised my voice. :o

Stayed there in November 07 - good value for money and good loction! :D

The Montri is definitely my old standby in Chiang Mai. Great location, friendly staff, excellent rates, and free wifi in all the rooms. The room decor is a bit tired, but tolerable for a 750 baht rate (1000 with breakfast included).

See Pics above, does that look dirty???? :o Top North is great hotel, granted its old, but I thought for how inexpensive it is, you can't grumble too much. Clean/Safe/Central/Cheap , fits my requirements to a T.

Besides what the fk do you want, 5Star luxury resort w/gold everywhere for low price??

Edited by britmaveric