Beware - Pet Stalls At Theprasit Market

Meg_2003

I'm not going to lower myself and waste my precious time on such a cold hearted person.

As I said earlier, Im not going to bring myself down to arguing with you, behind your anonymous computer screen, but if you would like to meet for a drink to discuss our different feelings then I would be glad to! :o

Thank you Icequeen

The only reason I'm replying is because you have been wasting your time on me. Go back and read your venomous earlier reply to me.

I have had the opportunity of meeting extreme animal lovers, and they all seem to react exactly as you do in an extreme over-the-top manner to anyone with opposing ideas.

Do you really think that all vets are altruistic and honest? I merely stated that it's possible your vet is not.

I should change my nic to Iceman.

This is a notice of warning to all participants.

The topic is emotive and we must be sensitive to the loss of a pet by the OP. Comments such as "let it die" are not helpful and I would consider them as a flame or attempt to troll simply because they are guaranteed to cause an outraged reply.

As has been written by various posters - avoid buying any pet from places such as markets where the motive is money not the welfare of the animal or owner.

By sharing such stories we will help to prevent other members of this forum from making similar mistakes.

Keep it on topic and keep it nice. We don't have to agree but we need to play according to the rules. Anyone wanting to comment on this please feel free to send me their comments by PM.

regards

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

I've bought lots of animals (bird, cats, dogs, squirrels) from markets...Chatuchak (BKK)...Wat Chaimonkol (Pattaya) and Aranyaprathet...All have lived a normal life span. I've never been to Treppasit market, even though its 5 minutes away from home, so can't comment on it. I wouldn't say that all markets are the same based upon the view of one person at one market.

You as the purchaser need to know what you're buying. It's not that difficult to see if a animal is too young to be taken from its mother. How many of you have bought a second-hand car only to find out it has masses of problems later on. Let the buyer beware.

If you purchase a market animal take it straight to a vet. Muang Ake next to Lotus on Sukhumvit highway is open 24/7 and I strongly recommend this place.

P.S. pet shop next to Villa Supermarket on 2nd road had some cats a few weeks ago. More expensive imported breeds. But if you looking for a local breed they can't be hard to find. My own 2 breeding Korat cats were producing a dozen or more kittens each a year until I had them spayed. All the kittens went FREE to good homes around town. Ask at the city vet, located in Fire station on 3rd road, they may know of some kittens needing a good home.

Edited by KKK

If you don't buy animals from markets this won't happen!

This is exactly the reason why I started the thread. So that no-one else makes the same mistake I did...

I'm assuming your are an adult with normal cognitive abilities and therefore going to ANY market to buy an animal should not have been some thing you contemplated in the first place.

doing so perpetuates this sordid trade

Edited by wilko

I have had the opportunity of meeting extreme animal lovers, and they all seem to react exactly as you do in an extreme over-the-top manner to anyone with opposing ideas.

Maybe thats because extreme animal lovers treat their animals like members of the family. If you don't understand the feelings of animal lovers like us, Just imagine yourself in the same situation with a relative who was dying, And how you would feel if someone said "I would have just let them die"

Do you really think that all vets are altruistic and honest? I merely stated that it's possible your vet is not.

So? These are chances we have to take, Should I have just left the cat to die at home instead, worried that a vet would be just "after my money" ? :o Obviously they are not going to work for free.

This is a notice of warning to all participants.

The topic is emotive and we must be sensitive to the loss of a pet by the OP. Comments such as "let it die" are not helpful and I would consider them as a flame or attempt to troll simply because they are guaranteed to cause an outraged reply.

As has been written by various posters - avoid buying any pet from places such as markets where the motive is money not the welfare of the animal or owner.

By sharing such stories we will help to prevent other members of this forum from making similar mistakes.

Keep it on topic and keep it nice. We don't have to agree but we need to play according to the rules. Anyone wanting to comment on this please feel free to send me their comments by PM.

regards

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

Thank you, Crow Boy.... My intentions of starting the thread were to save others from the same situation, I did not start the thread to know "What tropo would do".. I appreciate your comments. :D