Thai Embassy London

Hi Guys

I am going to get a retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in London ( I hope) and wonder if anybody knows for sure if its just a tum up between 9.30-12.30 as the website site says ie no appointment

If so any experience of how busy it is I am just a little nervous I could travel to London and then not be seen

Also anybody know if successful whether the passport can be mailed back or if it has to be personally picked up

Cheers

Hi Guys

I am going to get a retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in London ( I hope) and wonder if anybody knows for sure if its just a tum up between 9.30-12.30 as the website site says ie no appointment

If so any experience of how busy it is I am just a little nervous I could travel to London and then not be seen

Also anybody know if successful whether the passport can be mailed back or if it has to be personally picked up

Cheers

I would suggest that you better use the services of the Thai consulates of Hull and Birmingham instead of the embassy in London.

Google after Hull consulate and you will notice their easy procedure to get a visa.

Hull has that mail service you are looking for....

ROB

You don't actually need to go to the RTE in London personally, you can use an agency to courier the paperwork for you. The agency will arrange to collect the passport back from the RTE once the visa has been issued and will then post it back to you by recorded delivery.

I did it this way back in 2004 - I was living in N England at the time and didn't fancy the trouble and expense of going down to London and staying there for the number of 'working days' that it takes to process the O-A visa. Unfortunately I no longer have the agency details (not a visa agency, by the way, just a courier service that knows the requirements) but I remember that they were very cost efective compared to what a trip to London would have cost me. A quick Google would probably turn up something useful.

This is only really relevant for the O-A visa, of course. As other posters have said, if you are just after a non-O the consulate at Hull is a far easier option.

Hope this is of some help.

DM