Best Italian Restaurant In Pattaya

patsfangr

A couple of days ago, my wife suggested a new Italian restaurant to satisfy my frequent craving for Italian food.

It's 'La Luna', located on 3rd Road. It's about 1.6 kms north of Pattaya Klang, on the west side of the street. They've been there for several months. The owners are an Italian brother and sister. He is the chef. She is the very gracious and attentive hostess. She will listen to whatever you want, and adjust the menu items to fit your tastes. The waitresses are Thai, but all speak English. They have been well trained to pay attention customer needs throughout the meal.

There is both indoor (A/C) and outdoor (by the attractive pool) seating available. Very attractive setting.

I had a pizza. It was the absolute BEST that I have had in Pattaya. (Replacing Dao Cafe.) As noted above, they will adjust the crust, which is hand tossed, to fit your particular preference. For me, that means a crust of medium thickness, with a soft, edge. It was presented exactly as I had requested. Add wonderfully flavorful tomato sauce, and a decent quantity of quality cheese, and you've got a real feast! I haven't found any other place in Pattaya where they will actually make pizza, including crust, to your specifications!

My (Thai) wife has a very limited appetite for Italian food. She likes pasta, but is pretty much a vegetarian. So she usually orders a plain tomato sauce, and did so here. While this is pretty basic, she was very complimentary of the flavor of the tomato sauce.

They serve a nice complimentary appetizer of a small vegetable soup, and couple of small pieces of fish. Very tasty, and very attractively presented.

The prices are a moderate. My pizza, which was barely within the limits of my appetite, was 250 baht. It was ham, olives, artichoke, and onion. There's a large variety, ranging in price from 220 to 280, depending upon the ingredients. The pasta was 220. I had a couple of Heineken's which were, I'm afraid, overpriced, at 90 baht. That is truly the only negative comment I have about the place.

Overall, I highly recommend that Italian food fans try this place. I'd be very interested in other opinions. I know that I will be returning to try other items on their menu.

A couple of days ago, my wife suggested a new Italian restaurant to satisfy my frequent craving for Italian food.

It's 'La Luna', located on 3rd Road. It's about 1.6 kms north of Pattaya Klang, on the west side of the street. They've been there for several months. The owners are an Italian brother and sister. He is the chef. She is the very gracious and attentive hostess. She will listen to whatever you want, and adjust the menu items to fit your tastes. The waitresses are Thai, but all speak English. They have been well trained to pay attention customer needs throughout the meal.

There is both indoor (A/C) and outdoor (by the attractive pool) seating available. Very attractive setting.

I had a pizza. It was the absolute BEST that I have had in Pattaya. (Replacing Dao Cafe.) As noted above, they will adjust the crust, which is hand tossed, to fit your particular preference. For me, that means a crust of medium thickness, with a soft, edge. It was presented exactly as I had requested. Add wonderfully flavorful tomato sauce, and a decent quantity of quality cheese, and you've got a real feast! I haven't found any other place in Pattaya where they will actually make pizza, including crust, to your specifications!

My (Thai) wife has a very limited appetite for Italian food. She likes pasta, but is pretty much a vegetarian. So she usually orders a plain tomato sauce, and did so here. While this is pretty basic, she was very complimentary of the flavor of the tomato sauce.

They serve a nice complimentary appetizer of a small vegetable soup, and couple of small pieces of fish. Very tasty, and very attractively presented.

The prices are a moderate. My pizza, which was barely within the limits of my appetite, was 250 baht. It was ham, olives, artichoke, and onion. There's a large variety, ranging in price from 220 to 280, depending upon the ingredients. The pasta was 220. I had a couple of Heineken's which were, I'm afraid, overpriced, at 90 baht. That is truly the only negative comment I have about the place.

Overall, I highly recommend that Italian food fans try this place. I'd be very interested in other opinions. I know that I will be returning to try other items on their menu.

thats sounds great, i will give that a go

my current favourite Italian restaurant is still No.43 Bistro but its in Rayong

i will let you know how it compares

thanks for the heads up

yes, it sounds good... I'll try Laluna this week I think...

Recently visited 'Le Arcate' on Thappraya Road on the way to go to Jomtien. It's a place I've seen before but always drove straight past it but decided to give it a try (because the 90 Baht Spaghetti place was being renovated). Not sure how this compares with others, as I haven't been to many Italian restaurants here, but I liked it.

Recently visited 'Le Arcate' on Thappraya Road on the way to go to Jomtien. It's a place I've seen before but always drove straight past it but decided to give it a try (because the 90 Baht Spaghetti place was being renovated). Not sure how this compares with others, as I haven't been to many Italian restaurants here, but I liked it.

Max's on Soi Post Office is excellent (free Salad Bar),and Ciao on Thappraya Road (after many years on Walking Street) is very good.

Manga Bene !

May be you guys after fine dining. But if talk about home made food (I mean really home made!) then Tino's restaurant is beyond any others in Pattaya. It is here www.PattayaGlobus.com/?location=71

Good stuff. I coudn't care less about atmosphere - which is all a lot of these pricey places have to offer.

Quality of the food and price far more important.

you're looking for Italian food, you are on a hiding to nothing.......however, some places get near for a short time and then succumb to costs and convenience.

One place that continues to surprise is "Non" (is that the name? on the hill towards Jomtien....a Northern Italian (Torino), he does bowls of pasta for about 120 to 150 baht...the pasta is actually "al dente" - I couldn't believe it!

also a reasonable ailio olio con pepperoncino, and a mozzarella and tomato salad for about 160, which would probably cost more if you bought the ingredients and made it yourself.

AND they stock Averna Amaro!

Edited by wilko

La Luna has been around for a couple years and yes, the food is not bad. Also, they win the award for having the biggest restaurant entrance door in Pattaya...just go and you will see what I mean :o The grilled lamb chops are very good.

As to Grappa, it is located in the new Woodlands Suites serviced apartments. It is a stylish bistro with a modern design flair. The food, however, doesn't quite live up to the decor. On a recent visit, my party had 2 pasta dishes and a pizza and desserts. The pasta dishes were decent, if a little under salted/seasoned. The pizza was a dissappointment...it is of the very very thin variety (almost a cracker pizza) and again, was very underseasoned (both the toppings and the dough itself were severly lacking in tasted and undersalted [and it had pepperoni on it too]). The fresh baked breads and very high quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar is nice. The desserts, however, were very good :D

Overall, both these restaurants are only average in my book for food. For decor, if you want a nice place to take visitors, Grappa's might fill the bill.

Had dinner a couple nites ago at one of my fav Italian restos, Pan Pan (Jomtien branch) and though not as chic as either of the above, the hearty food and dessert selections are much more to my taste. The penne Modenese and pork fillets with balsamic vinegar sauce and mashed potatos really fills the bill.

Edited by NotNew2You

• 3 weeks later...

No one has mentioned it yet so I Will. The Little Italy restaurant almost directly opposite Royal Garden Mall (just before the turn-in to Casa Pascal) on 2nd road is very good. The decor is very much like a little Italian trattoria and the service is excellent. I find the pasta dishes to be among the best in Pattaya and prices are reasonable considering the quality (B 150-B 250). There is an older Italian lady there most nites who appears to be the owner and I am sure she has a firm hand in keeping the quality up.

• 3 months later...

I had a pizza.

you had me right up until that point :o

Gian's Restaurant on Thappraya Road in the same complex as Brunos and Indian by Nature is superb.

A bit of a Arty Farty menu for me.

a place for the self proclamed food experts of pattaya

Went when it first opened, Not again for me.

But it did all taste very good :o

Edited by plasticpig

• 4 weeks later...

It's 'La Luna', located on 3rd Road. It's about 1.6 kms north of Pattaya Klang, on the west side of the street.

I had a pizza. It was the absolute BEST that I have had in Pattaya.

I just went to this place, very good staff and really nice environment, but the pizza was no more then average, it looked very good though.

i know its not Patts but if youre in Bangkok and go to the far end of PatPong turn left, then about 400 metres down the road on the opposite side is a Pizzeria called Succi or Cussi i forget the name however this pizza is very very good.

It's 'La Luna', located on 3rd Road. It's about 1.6 kms north of Pattaya Klang, on the west side of the street.

I had a pizza. It was the absolute BEST that I have had in Pattaya.

I just went to this place, very good staff and really nice environment, but the pizza was no more then average, it looked very good though.

i know its not Patts but if youre in Bangkok and go to the far end of PatPong turn left, then about 400 metres down the road on the opposite side is a Pizzeria called Succi or Cussi i forget the name however this pizza is very very good.

Try out VALENTINO 46...Central Pattaya Road Soi 4...the soi beach-side of Foodland.

Went there a few weeks ago and was pleasantly supprised!

The best italian restaurant in Pattaya? well surely there are many, one of the main difficulties i found is that while maybe the main dish may be better in a particular place, maybe another place might be better for the dessert, it's so hard to find the "perfect" restaurant, however i can tell you what you should definetely avoid: many years ago i went to an italian restaurant in Soi BuaKaow (or something that sound like that), i believe the name was Venezia restaurant, at the end of our lunch we ordered a dessert for all of us (Tiramisu') and suddenly i discovered that the eggs on it were rotten (so, common sense would say, not for human consuption), i reported this to the owner (Mr Amos if i remember right), so we didn't eat further to avoid to spend the rest of the day at a local hospital and however i taught it was just a genuine mistake to not have checked the expiry date and we didn't make a big issue of it at all, till the "happy go lucky guy" made us to pay even for his rotten food!! i didn't step in his premises since this has happened and i made sure that all the people i know that comes regularly in Thailand and also eat italian food almost everyday, knows about his kind of business, and i am sure those few STOLEN baht (how else can i describe it?) costed him really dearly.....Happy New Year everyone!

Trattoria Toscana towards soi 6 on the beach road, great setting..great food...great wine list...fair prices. Don Joes' on walking street, good food at ok prices on the waterfront....great with clients or guests...Also the restorantino on tappraya rd going towards Jomtien is always good for honest homemade cooking....but there is no pizza..prices can't be beat! La Piola after Tiffanys' on Second road is also good if you are in the area...

Trattoria Toscana towards soi 6 on the beach road, great setting..great food...great wine list...fair prices. Don Joes' on walking street, good food at ok prices on the waterfront....great with clients or guests...Also the restorantino on tappraya rd going towards Jomtien is always good for honest homemade cooking....but there is no pizza..prices can't be beat! La Piola after Tiffanys' on Second road is also good if you are in the area...

Has the driest lasagna there the other day im of the opinion that such a basic dish should be easily made to perfection, it came with stale bread.

Also had an pepperoni pizza at Stone Oven and whilst not perfect was quite nice, but pricey at 295bht or 6GBP.

Max's on Soi Post Office is excellent (free Salad Bar),and Ciao on Thappraya Road (after many years on Walking Street) is very good.

Manga Bene !

Yes very good, the rooms there are nice to stay in too and not expensive

"i know its not Patts but if youre in Bangkok and go to the far end of PatPong turn left, then about 400 metres down the road on the opposite side is a Pizzeria called Succi or Cussi i forget the name however this pizza is very very good."

Hey, if you are in Patpong, why not go to Madrid (Patpong Soi 2) and try their pizza? It may be the best I've had in BKK, not that I've tried every restaurant and pizza joint in town.

As to Pattaya, while the jury is still out. I've yet to find even 'adequate' pizza anywhere, but then I'm from Boston where some of the world's finest pizza is served! No wonder I'm a fussy SOB.

"i know its not Patts but if youre in Bangkok and go to the far end of PatPong turn left, then about 400 metres down the road on the opposite side is a Pizzeria called Succi or Cussi i forget the name however this pizza is very very good."

Scoozis Pizzaria Italiana is the name. More info at scoozipizza.com

Scoozis Pizzaria Italiana is the name. More info at scoozipizza.com

Yep thats the one theyre great pizzas no matter where youre comparing with, with reasonable prices considering the quality of the ingredients, less then all most this mediocrity im eating here in Patts.

Just been to Big Pizza, the base was good but got soggy in the middle after 2 minutes, huge chunks of pizza and cheap quality ham, itwas ok but not worth returning to imo, plus it was 95bht for a heineken which seemed a lot for the standard of the decor and location.

Ticinos in East Pattaya is pretty good, with good service, ambience, and reasonable prices.

But I've never tried their Pizzas.

Ticino's is, indeed, very good for everything on the menu. The pizza takes us back to the "preference" issue. It's of the very thin ("Roman style") crust, with minimal amounts of tomato sauce and cheese. Always excellent ingredients. So, if that type of pizza is your preference, I recommend it. (I prefer a bit thicker crust, more like that at Dao Cafe.)

I love Italian food and there are lots of Italian restaurants in Pattaya, not all good.

The better ones for me are:

Gian's (Thappraya Road) comes to mind but pricey and awful decor.

Ristorante Non (also on Thappraya Road by Jomtien Nivate) always packed and cheap food but good

Trattoria (again on Thappraya) next to Foodmart and opposite Pan Pan - i wen to it last night and very busy with good pizzas and pasta and wine was pretty cheap, and excellent Italian coffee.

• 6 months later...

What's the restaurant's name? Are you saying" ailio olio con pepperoncino, and a mozzarella and tomato salad for about 160" together are 160 baht? what's ailio olio con pepperoncino, a small pizza?

you're looking for Italian food, you are on a hiding to nothing.......however, some places get near for a short time and then succumb to costs and convenience.

One place that continues to surprise is "Non" (is that the name? on the hill towards Jomtien....a Northern Italian (Torino), he does bowls of pasta for about 120 to 150 baht...the pasta is actually "al dente" - I couldn't believe it!

also a reasonable ailio olio con pepperoncino, and a mozzarella and tomato salad for about 160, which would probably cost more if you bought the ingredients and made it yourself.

AND they stock Averna Amaro!

I would also recommend Max - good value and the pasta was spot on. Also, there is a very small resturant just off soi buakaow, near the Essex Arms and bowling club. I went a few weeks ago, the food was good, the wine very cheap but very drinkable. The place itself is very basic but it had a good atmosphere - they stick some long tables outside at night which were full of Italians - always a good sign.