Inflation, Recession, Condo Prices

Where were you when all think_too_mut did was bash Thailand, bash Thai condos, with all kind of comments ala "oh nasty dirty thailand, if you want mangy soi dogs at your door step, you can have them?" Think too had an attitude very similar to bingobongo (for whom I see you've jumped on the hater bandwagon, kissing Naam's ass all the way).

Was not like that and has nothing to do with bingobongo. The only thing that triggers several of us on the board is when peddlers or "tell me this sinking feeling is not for real" try to peddle Thai property in Bangkok as something that can only gain in value in the future.

In my view, it is a gone money, never to be recouped, maybe a fraction of it through rent.

Just did it myself, to have a place to go with no intention of renting it out or getting anything for it ever in the future.

The bankee in Australia, while I was instructing him what the purpose of the transfer is, unintentionally read while typing "Deposit for a condo unit in Thailand". I interrupted him and said "Purchase, not deposit". He laughed, said he got it wrong as 80K $ would hardly make it as a deposit in Oz.

And, when you start from Singapore, Tokyo or even Sydney, you would know what my infrastructure/cleanliness/efficiency standards are based on. Why should I refrain from saying what BKK looks like after those places? At least I am consistent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

It appears that you two aren't in agreement at all! :D

You are astute. No. BUT think_too_mut does contribute to this forum. All any of us can do is pass on information to each other.

My kindergarten teacher even then described me as "astute" on my report card. It appears you see what you want to see. Where were you when all think_too_mut did was bash Thailand, bash Thai condos, with all kind of comments ala "oh nasty dirty thailand, if you want mangy soi dogs at your door step, you can have them?" Think too had an attitude very similar to bingobongo (for whom I see you've jumped on the hater bandwagon, kissing Naam's ass all the way). I'm not making this up either -- and you do come off as an ass-kisser, your sexual preferences notwithstanding.

I think you are very, very, deeply confused - I have countered think_too_mut on numerous occasions. I have said I don't mind Soi Dogs to him at least twice. And when he attacked Thailand and Thais I asked him if he was forced to be here (he did not reply nor to the other subsequent probes by other posters) and by the way loads of posts (not mine) were deleted during the 'heated exchange'.

think_too_mut clearly is not buying because it is his lifelong ambition. However those reasons are his to go with and you know it is hard buying something that is not quite finished. I don't think think_too_mut likes me at all but he knows some of us have been through the process and he is not stupid enough to cut off his nose to spite his face (I think :D ). So I'm afraid you really, really, have the wrong end of the stick and are looking a bit like a bit of a prat and in the process exposing your own prejudices.

As to bonkers I have engaged him since the beginning - I believe my opening question was along the lines of 'you have considerable research skills can you help me with something...' No response more negative posts eventually I got pissed off when quiksilva finally became embroiled. naam well he is on the other side of the fence to me I never comment on his predictions but yes he too ridicules bonkers but oddly for a completely different reasons.

You obviously enjoy being rude for rudeness sake – please if you wish to enter into dialogue I am more than happy to do so but I am afraid resorting to personal insults/inuendo is not conducive to arguing your point and in fact detracts from it big time.

"I've met plenty of gay Singaporeans working in Fashion and they don't seem to feel oppressed in any way. What's the dilly-yo?

Oh type cast how quaint. Have the laws changed or are they even debated? I think not. This is the fundamental measure of humanity it is no longer 'how we treat prisoners' that counts, it is how we treat human beings that does. Does that answer your question?

No. Not at all. So you choose to live in Thailand because you believe that this country, with regard to the "fundamental measure of humanity" (how we treat human beings, in your words) treats it's residents better than Singapore threats it's own?? Really?? You sure about that?? Thailand, Paragon of Human Rights. Yeah right. Extra-judicial killings? Rampant corruption and poverty? Equality among citizens? You can't be serious. If you consider "how we treat human beings" as the "fundamental measure of humanity" then Singapore beats Thailand on all counts. Period. Simply put, Singapore is a more civilized society. And the degree to which any given country is civilized, I would argue, is very highly correlated to the "treatment of human beings." Please don't go down the "well, that all depends on what you think is civilized" route, it will just make you look bad.

Type cast? When was I type-casting? I was stating a fact, given my experience as a model (modeling is is the fashion biz, agreed?) for over 7 years (the last 4 or so having been in Asia, where I've met a lot of Singaporeans, who happen to be gay. And none have expressed any discontent or experience with the Government "dehumanizing" or practicing "stealing property" from them. That was a point based on my experience which you conveniently blow-off as me type-casting. Maybe you didn't have the full information that I worked in Fashion, hence my experience, but you still replied like somebody with a chip on their shoulder about something.

Which leads to the question about why you feel so strongly about Singapore, and it remains unanswered. Singapore isn't my favorite city either, but you've made some pretty serious claims in the realm of human rights violations, which begs the question, "What did Singapore do to you to make you feel this way?" I posited that it may have been a negative experience given your sexual orientation which you didn't address. Rather, you responded rather rather bitterly for asking you a simple question.

Please don't repond with a non-response like "we're off topic." You've made some pretty hefty accusations about Singapore, and I think you should be held accountable by citing your reasons, at the very least. I just want to know why you feel so strongly about it.

P.S. IMO condo prices in Thailand in 2 years will be higher than they are now for new projects, in any given area with similar quality of those built today in that same area. That's just plain economics (on topic). Notice I said "new." Used properties exist outside of the realm of economic theory.

Err I have always said Thailand has problems... where have you been? That Thailand is third world and Singapore is first world is key to my perceptions. Thailand is growing up Singapore is sterile and in the worst senses of the word. I have flown across the world from 6 months of age and lived in more countries than I care to remember. You know I am confident in my own perceptions about the world and Singapore IMO is crap and deeply, deeply and almost inextricably corrupt and shows no signs of change. Such simple issues as social reform are not even on the addenda or do you know something I don't?