Something Wrong With The New Version

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

Not serious but annoying!

I opened the Test Poll thread in General this afternoon. After that I changed some settings and now the time of that last post No. 7 changing and that post come up as unread.

Can admin please taka a look at that?

Thanks and cheers.

I also noticed that on the bottom of each page there's now 'similar topics'.....well....I don't know how that's accomplished but I noticed that most similar topics have nothing to do with the initial topic on hand.

LaoPo

I've noticed that whenever I click on "Forum Options - Mark forum as read and return to main index" I end up on a page that says "IPS Error"

(It looks like this):

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking

When I'm able to (finally) get back to the forum though, the posts are all marked as "read". It seems to be somewhat slower than normal too (but there are about 3,000+ online right now it seems). I've been trying to get my message page up so I can send a PM, and it's been about 5 minutes loading now.

(it just came up !)

Edited by Kerryd

Guest Reimar
Just checked again and have to see that the last post No. 8, was written at 15:22 and not 19:19!

Changed again to unread and time now: 20:38

Cheers.

No problem George, just get the beers in :o

The similar topics at the bottom looks like it picks a relatively unused word and lists topics that also have that in the title, or a word that has been used extensively ..... for this thread has picked on the word 'version'

Thus

Lofi Version

Internet, computers, communication, technology in Thailand Lupo Pen Suite 6.60 Full Version

Free SMTP Server Version: 2.4

Spokenthai - New Version Released

For some of the sub-forums, that is a good thing, for the none specific subs it won't help that much, but what could. I like it.

I hear you guys. As it is for now it simply takes the Topic Title from the forum database and match it with the latest Topics found. We will refine it to look for contextual content later on.

If the days just had 36 hours :o

Just checked again and have to see that the last post No. 8, was written at 15:22 and not 19:19!

You do realize that whenever someone votes in the poll the time updates regardless of whether a post was made? It has always been that way.

Guest Reimar

You do realize that whenever someone votes in the poll the time updates regardless of whether a post was made? It has always been that way.

so that means the status change to unread as well?

I didn't know that before, Thanks for that.

It's effectively a reply by a member but without a post. I personally find it annoying because I have often hit the 'goto first unread' box only to find there is no new post.

Guest Reimar

It's effectively a reply by a member but without a post. I personally find it annoying because I have often hit the 'goto first unread' box only to find there is no new post.

Not you only, me too, it's annoying!

Cheers.