Phone Cards 1-2-talk

enfield951

I think you guys live in a different Bangkok than me. My 12Call card is the most annoying thing I've ever had. I recharge it and it expires in 6 days. Then it sends me a message " you have 160 Baht but your card is expired until you recharge". So I do and get another 6 days. There HAS to be something better! I went to the shop and the English speaking clerk explained that all the cards are like that. There is no 1 year expiry card that I could find by any Thai crappy phone company. What a scam.

I think you guys live in a different Bangkok than me. My 12Call card is the most annoying thing I've ever had. I recharge it and it expires in 6 days. Then it sends me a message " you have 160 Baht but your card is expired until you recharge". So I do and get another 6 days. There HAS to be something better! I went to the shop and the English speaking clerk explained that all the cards are like that. There is no 1 year expiry card that I could find by any Thai crappy phone company. What a scam.

They changed the sim cards a couple of years ago, so all new sim's (as far as I know) now expire a few days after topping up regardless of how much unspent money they have on them. Obviously it lasts longer the more you top-up. Dtac offer a service, only if the sim is 3 months old or more, whereas you can pay for 'a stay of execution'. 2 baht a month. Make a call as the sim is about to expire, make a note of the number and top up according to the English speaking telephonist.

I swapped an old t-shirt with a prossie I know for one of her sims, topped it up for 6 months last time (any credit you top it up with in the meantime is added on) and have just topped it up again for a year.

A friend called it 'capitalism run rampant'. Unfortunately without the laws to govern these companies will do whatever makes the most money, regardless of ethics. One quick read of this thread confirms that it was a great idea, financially. As long as people are prepared to top-up a sim which is already in credit this rule will persist

This must be because the new 12Call SIMS only cost 50 Baht.

My 12Call SIM has constantly got 1 year grace period because I have been topping it up for several years.

I would like to hear from anyone who has the hard and fast new 12-Call topping up rules. The site is in Thai only which is a pity.

Buy the 1-2-call SIM with validity one year. Sorry I forgot the name but in the shop they will know. However you pay slightly higher minutes rates then, but I do not care about that.

Telewiz is the one two call authorized dealer. They sell one year sim cards. You can top up 100 Baht and get one year. I too use my phone seldom, and save money by having a one year sim card.

Barry

Buy the 1-2-call SIM with validity one year. Sorry I forgot the name but in the shop they will know. However you pay slightly higher minutes rates then, but I do not care about that.

Telewiz is the one two call authorized dealer. They sell one year sim cards. You can top up 100 Baht and get one year. I too use my phone seldom, and save money by having a one year sim card.

Barry

So that is the system?

The 50 baht SIMS are useless (require topping up every 7 days) but the 300 baht SIMS last one year?

Barry

So that is the system?

The 50 baht SIMS are useless (require topping up every 7 days) but the 300 baht SIMS last one year?

One year sims are available for 50 Baht.

Barry

Barry

So that is the system?

One year sims are available for 50 Baht.

Barry

If this is so why do they sell the daft one week ones?