Are You Current Or Former Sas/sbs?

Ulysses G.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a former Marine Corps Scout Sniper who was also Force Recon in Vietnam. He is very well adjusted and a nice guy and he reads Thai Visa, but does not post. :o

Understandable - he wouldn't want his IP address out there.

Does he browse from his bunker?

I know a former Marine Corps Scout Sniper who was also Force Recon in Vietnam. He is very well adjusted and a nice guy and he reads Thai Visa, but does not post. :o

Understandable - he wouldn't want his IP address out there.

Does he browse from his bunker?

How the Americans lost that war is beyond belief - I mean every grunt was special forces - you never har of a REMF do you?

At least all modern ones have a home to go to after they leave the military - there are 20,000+ "Contractors" employed in Iraq - you know where the soldiers were going to be greeted with flowers according to the Dark One Mr Cheney - at least it keeps them away from civil society though

I lived on a small Middle East compound with 1 former SAS (quiet), 2 ex Para’s (p1ssheads), 1 ex Legionnaire (weird) and 1 ex armed response cop (comedian). All genuine.

Between those guys and the hordes of Middle East’s finest :o guarding the compound I know who I’d turn to for help if attacked.

Lived next to the Gurkha regiment and trained Taekwando with them in my younger years, does that count????

kept getting disqualified from taekwando competitions for excessive force for some reason, was disqualified more then I won or lost :o

the best special forces are the ones who don't have massive funding and extensive training yet they go ahead with dangerous missions

I guess you must be talking about the SAS wives then cos' they ain't got a bloody clue what they are getting into until it's too late and they married one of them.

I've met a few guys in bars who have told me they were 'ex special forces'.

I've always moved a few seats away when I've heard this..... and its not because of a fear they may unleash their lethal skills.

quite, you might get sprayed with more bullshit ! :o

Another mission

The powers have called me away

Another time

To carry the colors again

My motivation

An oath I've sworn to defend

To win the honor

Of coming back home again

No explanation

Will matter after we begin

Another dark destroyer that's buried within

My true vocation

And know my unfortunate friend

You will discover

A war you're unable to win

I'll have you know

That I've become...Indestructible

Determination that is incorruptible

From the other side

A terror to behold

Annihilation will be unavoidable

Every broken enemy will know

That their opponent had to be invincible

Take a last look around while you're alive

I'm an indestructible master of war

I knew a couple of SEALS a few years ago that worked in a Marine Park. They had some special skills in jumping through hoops to obtain fish; clapping flippers; playing tunes on air horns, etc.

This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

I could tell you.....but then I'd have to kill you.

I used to play rugby with a marine in the UK. He used to disappear for months on end, and come back with a beard and long hair. Whilst everyone speculated he must be SF, he would never admit it, even after interrogation with 30 beers. He was the hardest, nastiest rugby player I have ever met, I was just glad he was on my side.

I used to play rugby with a marine in the UK. He used to disappear for months on end, and come back with a beard and long hair. Whilst everyone speculated he must be SF, he would never admit it, even after interrogation with 30 beers. He was the hardest, nastiest rugby player I have ever met, I was just glad he was on my side.

Quite,. these guys are usually silent types that will walk from trouble and use violence as a last resort, ( in non military work ) i had a friend that innocently got caught in a fracas in a night club and was hit over the head with a large glass ashtray,whilst he was seeing to the guy that did it the police released a dog and he killed it,.to see this guy in action was unbeleivable,he was in control at all times and calmly walked up to the police dog handler and said sorry,.initially charged but after hearing from his commander charges were dropped,these guys do not brag,.

My best pals brother in law was/is a Lt Colonel in the para's - he used to be posted to places outside the regiment ie NATO, NI, Personell and pay etc - we always used to say there were some missing times as he was exactly the type who would have done the 2 years seconded as an officer then back to original regiment

Those people here who said most ex-SAS or any other special forces unit members would not be bragging all over about it are correct.I was member of American SF unit who I believe was best in world.I can say this as it is anonymous,but noone here in Thailand knows this.Partly as a matter of personal principle,and also of course for operational security.

Any SF unit in the world believes they are the best.Partly this is because they are indoctrinated in training to believe this.I respect them all.

I do not respect those who insult them,especially anonymously.Many of these people gave their lives for their countries,whichever country that is.I guarantee those who belittle real SF would not last 5 minutes in training or in combat.And I also guarantee they will only run this stuff on anonymous internet forums.Not face to face.

Those people here who said most ex-SAS or any other special forces unit members would not be bragging all over about it are correct.I was member of American SF unit who I believe was best in world.I can say this as it is anonymous,but noone here in Thailand knows this.Partly as a matter of personal principle,and also of course for operational security.

You are joking.........right :o:D:D:D

Not to get into a pissing contest (but it undoubtedly will) where do the Australian SAS stand here.

From what I've read (which is limited) Australian and British forces are well respected for their versalitly and were used in the days before the Iraqi invasion as well as Afghanistan.

Heard a good one on Radio 4's Start the week podcast this morning.

When the British Govt wanted some mercenary help for Yemen/Aden in the 1950's they got Sir David Striling on board - the guy who founded the SAS.

At the time he was the importer of Sesame Street into the UK and re-exporting it.

I had to google it and sure enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stirling

I wonder if it was a member of the SAS that got in the knife fight in Phuket last night?

Not to get into a pissing contest (but it undoubtedly will) where do the Australian SAS stand here.

From what I've read (which is limited) Australian and British forces are well respected for their versalitly and were used in the days before the Iraqi invasion as well as Afghanistan.

Did the Aussie SAS not have an excellent record in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam war?

I think they outshone anyone else who was there

Australian SAS caused a bit of discontent with the australian public, before they left their Barracks in Townsville they demanded and recieved a dangerous duty allowance!! not an LOA or LRA before proceeding on active service, Here is silly me thinking active service is what they trained for :o

Did the Aussie SAS not have an excellent record in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam war?

And we know who won that war.

Quite,. these guys are usually silent types that will walk from trouble and use violence as a last resort, ( in non military work ) i had a friend that innocently got caught in a fracas in a night club and was hit over the head with a large glass ashtray,whilst he was seeing to the guy that did it the police released a dog and he killed it,.to see this guy in action was unbeleivable,he was in control at all times and calmly walked up to the police dog handler and said sorry,.initially charged but after hearing from his commander charges were dropped,these guys do not brag,.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+

Very diffacult to kill a War Dog as most weigh 80kg pulling its legs apart as it is springing at you is very diffacult.

And we know who won that war.

Yup - one of the greatest Generals of the 20th century old Giap

Ran rings round the French and others before he beat the americans too.

Former "Fuller Brush Salesman". An occupation of "derring do", at least on equal status with the SAS, Army Rangers, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green, White & Blue berets, etc.

To the moderators: We need a special forum for questionaires & polls for those with to mcuh time on their hands, to amuse themselves with. The general forum is becoming cluttered with this pointless stuff.

Former "Fuller Brush Salesman". An occupation of "derring do", at least on equal status with the SAS, Army Rangers, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green, White & Blue berets, etc.

To the moderators: We need a special forum for questionaires & polls for those with to mcuh time on their hands, to amuse themselves with. The general forum is becoming cluttered with this pointless stuff.

I took the test to join the SAS and I passed the mental and physical section. Then the sarg handed me a gun and told me there where six bullets in it and my wife is sitting in the next room, And I was ordered to go and kill her. So I went to the next room and shot the gun 6 times had a bit of a struggle and came back. I was very pissed of as I throw the gun at him and said you ass hole there where blanks. so I had to strangle the her. :o

Thought a couple of Aussies were good at the job when I was with the Det in the '80s......But all troopers think that the Det are wanke_rs anyway...

From what I can tell, the Australians are up there with the British SAS and they seem to work together a lot. They were supposed to be excellent soldiers in Vietnam, as were the Korean troops who scared the heck out of the Vietnamese.