Thai Bank Account

randyksf

Quick question.

I have a savings account with BankThai, how long can there be no activity b4 they dissolve the account. I have about 20,000 baht in there.

When I left I was supposed to be back in a few months. That was 7 months ago, just want to make sure there are no issues.

I was thinking of having my friend put in a few thousand baht for me on his trip in Dec.

Are there any risks? It looks like I will not be back for 6 months and it would be nice to have the account.

Quick question.

I have a savings account with BankThai, how long can there be no activity b4 they dissolve the account. I have about 20,000 baht in there.

When I left I was supposed to be back in a few months. That was 7 months ago, just want to make sure there are no issues.

I was thinking of having my friend put in a few thousand baht for me on his trip in Dec.

Are there any risks?  It looks like I will not be back for 6 months and it would be nice to have the account.

Why do you think they call it a 'SAVINGS account' ? :o

No activity for a year, the bank will charge you a certain amount to keep it (Probably 500 THB, I don't remember).

You can definitely ask your friend to deposit some money (a million or a hundred, doesn't matter) into your account to keep it moving. Then, you'll have one more year.

I think it varies from bank to bank,

so best to ask.

Small activity as you suggest will also keep it alive.

with 20, 000 baht in an account, nothing will happen if you don't do anything. It's only if you have a minimum amount, like 500 baht for six months of no activity. Some banks will then charge like 50 baht per month for 'maintainence', until the account is empty....

By their very nature, a savings account is designed for long-term savings.