Searching An Empty Straight Street Stretch For Filming

We are searching for an empty straight street stretch or closed down landing strip suitable for filming a fast running car. Does any one knows were to find some thing like it near Bangkok?

There must be a Brazillian smart answers to this one, but i can't think of any tonight. Only Utapao air base springs to mind, the longest runway in Thailand, very little used and occasionally hosting car racing, even a 4x4 off road area I hear.

Royal Automobile Assoc of Thailand should be able to help and guide you. Emphasis on the 'should'.

I live far from BKK so I can not help you, BUT

Mike, you are now my hero,,, I have always wanted to ride the toll way in BKK at night on a big bike.. FAST... How was it???

Superb ,it was 2 years ago,.. ! we had 3 cars and another bike for scouts, ive riden big bikes all my life and actually was on a charge in the uk for 156 but beat the charge ( im not proud of it and it was 10 years ago ). actually there were police at the toll booth and they paid us no attention,i have als ridden mike graingers hayabusa turbo which is 365 bhp at the rear wheel,it wheelies through the quarter mile, insane, but what a rush !

To the OP: the second-stage expressway from about Chaeng Wattana and outbound is a pretty awesome stretch of road that is pretty much dead empty at certain times. It is pretty much the only place for people with fast cars to drive them. Freeway goes all the way to Bang Pa-in and then you can make the same right back into town. There are 2 spots where you need to slow down or you will likely bottom-out, but if you know where these 2 spots are, you're good to go.

Filming? Well if you're shooting real film, you can't shoot at night (which is the best time to fly down that road). Maybe early Sunday mornings? What are you filming, may I ask?

To the OP: the second-stage expressway from about Chaeng Wattana and outbound is a pretty awesome stretch of road that is pretty much dead empty at certain times. It is pretty much the only place for people with fast cars to drive them. Freeway goes all the way to Bang Pa-in and then you can make the same right back into town. There are 2 spots where you need to slow down or you will likely bottom-out, but if you know where these 2 spots are, you're good to go.

Filming? Well if you're shooting real film, you can't shoot at night (which is the best time to fly down that road). Maybe early Sunday mornings? What are you filming, may I ask?

It is a car accessory for the EU and US market that we have developed and that we now need to make films that shows the gadget in action :o

It is a car accessory for the EU and US market that we have developed and that we now need to make films that shows the gadget in action :o

Well then there is no need for you to be in Bangers, so I am sure that you can find a long strech to film outside BKK... I do know of many straights but they are all far from BKK...

What does the gadget do??? Can we buy one here??? Secret??? Webpage??? want to give more details, now or when it is released???

If you don't need to be in BKK and just need some fun roads for spirited driving: Highway 1.

Up toward Lampang the roads are very well-paved and are really fun to drive. Few cars on the Road, wide lanes, and some twisties even. First time I made the drive up Highway 1, I was surprised at how nice the roads where (of course there are sections that suck). One problem though: No benzene 95.

• 1 month later...
We are searching for an empty straight street stretch or closed down landing strip suitable for filming a fast running car. Does any one knows were to find some thing like it near Bangkok?

I know this thread is a month old, but I thought I would add another possible place. I have seen people shooting along the unused section of the No. 7 Highway near Pattaya. I used Google Earth to get the co-ordinates:

12°57'58.41"N 100°58'48.60"E

If you use a local production company, I'm sure their location manager will know of this stretch of road.

I'm intrigued as to what product you will be filming..