Flying To Thailand With Oneway Ticket?

Hi to all.

I planning to fly AirAsia oneway flight from Macau to Bangkok in January. I will stay 3 weeks in Thailand and then move on to Singapore. So far I don’t have any onward tickets from Thailand. Will AirAsia or thai authorities ask me to have onward ticket (or visa) before I can enter to Thailand?

(I have Finnish passport.)

Thank you for all answers.

bpacker

Hi to all.

I planning to fly AirAsia oneway flight from Macau to Bangkok in January. I will  stay 3 weeks in Thailand and then move on to Singapore. So far I don’t have any onward tickets from Thailand. Will AirAsia or thai authorities ask me to have onward ticket (or visa) before I can enter to Thailand?

bpacker

The airline is the major hurdle. They may not let you board without onward travel confirmation within 30 days. Check with Air Asia!

immigration rules say you need outbound travel confirmation within 30 days if you enter Thailand without a visa, but this is hardly ever checked by Immigration.

get a single entry tourist visa and you'll be OK.

opalhort

Anyone flying with AA (Toxin's bus) has priority when flying in, don't worry about visas etc! :o

Why not get online now and book with AA to Singapore? They ply that route also.

Thank you for your answers.

That is a good point and propably I will book a AA flight to Singapore (maybe even cheaper than a visa...). Its just that I would like to book that flight as late as possible and more willingly not until Im in Thailand.

Hi to all.

I planning to fly AirAsia oneway flight from Macau to Bangkok in January. I will  stay 3 weeks in Thailand and then move on to Singapore. So far I don’t have any onward tickets from Thailand. Will AirAsia or thai authorities ask me to have onward ticket (or visa) before I can enter to Thailand?

bpacker

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -

I am an american so this may not exactly apply. I have been on tourist trips to Thailand many times in last 25+ years. I have only had the airline (SAS) ask me ONCE for a return ticket. NEVER been asked at Airport Immigration for outgoing ticket, but I believe it is still requirement. However, IF YOU COME in OVERLAND from Malaysia they may ask. Flying in shouldn't be any problem.

- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've flown with numerous airlines from the UK without visas and return tickets in the past. The only airline that quizzed me was Swiss or SAS - can't remember which. The lady at check-in called her boss and he said it'd be ok, knowing that they were liable to a 2000 pound fine if I was refused entry on that basis.