Thai Fist Fight

Goat Roper

I just caught the tail end of a couple of punches thrown in a government meeting of some kind today shown of TV channel 3, God I love it! It's about time the Thais get serious about their beliefs and are not afraid to back them up with action, on the spot and in front of TV cameras and for the whole nation and the world to see. I have been in this country for more years than most of you are old and I never thought I would ever see this kind of display in Thai society, yes indeed let the fisticuffs help us decide. :o

Did they bow to each other and wai first??   -_-

:D:D:D

Explorer You must alway's respect your combatant :o

I do but i believe in action first talk later .... :)

Anyway to wai first before kicking each others a55 sounds funny to me :(

Explorer :wub:

I had to say it!!! Had that picture in my mind also 555555555 :D

A 70 some year old police general punched a 50 some year old guy in the mouth a couple of times in the upper house, not MP's. According to hubby, the police general was alluding to some corruption which the younger guy (for some unknown reason) felt was about him although the police genl never named names. The younger guy then got in the older guy's face, and the older guy then popped the younger guy a few times.

Not bad for an old guy :o

It comes as no surprise that the first punches ever thrown in the Thai parliament came from a police general.  :o

Yeah, how ironic...But Prathin has always been a hothead, and the Senate is the most corrupt body- except for the MP's maybe. So many known Major Godfathers like Intarat Yongbaitoey, and even Chat Taopoon....

Pratin had suggested that 'somebody from a northern province'' should be investigated for doing business with Khun Sa... While Adul was speaking...

And the 'fight' was nothing, really...Adul and Pratin walk up on each other, and Pratin pops a couple of lefts. Only the first one barely connected.

The Taiwan Parliment is much better- even the women get into the action with any weapons around... Like Thailand, most of their elected politicians are local corrupt godfather figures

• 1 year later...

UPDATE

As opposed to "select" cases, the "normally" slow wheels of Thai justice system grinds on:

Pratin indicted for Senate brawl

Published on January 18, 2006

Former Bangkok senator Pol General Pratin Santiprapop was indicted at the Criminal Court yesterday on charges of physical assault for allegedly punching a fellow senator in November of 2004.

Pratin pleaded innocent. The prosecution accused him of punching Mae Hong Son Senator Adul Wanchaitanawong several times during a Senate meeting after the two had quarrelled over a debate on the violent suppression of protesters in Narathiwat's Tak Bai district.

Pratin was released on bail and ordered to attend every hearing of the case. The first hearing was scheduled for March 6.

Edited by sriracha john