Sending Childrens Books To Thailand.

Hi there. Over the next few months I am going to be sending English childrens books over to Thailand for some of the poorer schools. Does anyone know what the best and the cheapest way of doing this is? Most of the books are going to be paperback so they will be lighter to send than hardbacks but I expect to be sending a lot of books over and on a regular basis. Also, if anyone knows of anywhere in need of books etc. please let me know.

Kind Regards

Laura

do poorer students know how to read english? i doubt it.

do paperbacks have a lot of photos in them to keeps em interested .

i am constantly amazed at how little english is spoken here , being bkk is considereded a cosmopolitan type city.

Edited by cynthialee

I am sure you are right but I do want to try and help. I have mainly picture books at the moment from Kindergarten to maybe age 8. When I get into direct contact with a school I will then be able to know what books they require so I can also order what they most need. I am also coming over to Thailand next year and would love to help kids learn English. I met two Thai children on my recent visit who inspired me so much to help others and this is why I'm asking for advice on the best way to do this.

Laura

I won't be coming over to live for a year yet thats why I thought I'd start sending them now. Is customs duty a lot then? Even when its donations? Does anyone know if any parcel services from the UK would deliver cheaper than Royal Mail? Failing that looks like I'll be bringing them in my suitcase.

Laura

• 4 months later...