House Book

Woofer

I have lost my house book. Can anyone tell me how I can obtain another?

How can anybody loose their house book?

I know, maybe the guy on the gate at Nong Nooch has got it along with your 400 baht.

It could only happen to the Woofer man :o

Edited by Rimmer

I have lost my house book. Can anyone tell me how I can obtain another?

How can anybody loose their house book?

I know, maybe the guy on the gate at Nong Nooch has got it along with your 400 baht.

It could only happen to the Woofer man :o

Well actually it was the other half!

If you are in Pattaya you can get another at Pattaya City Hall on Pattaya Nua ,opposite Tesco/Lotus .Costs 30 baht and takes about 10 minutes .Bring your passport plus Condo ownership papers .I just got one last week there .

If you are in Pattaya you can get another at Pattaya City Hall on Pattaya Nua ,opposite Tesco/Lotus .Costs 30 baht and takes about 10 minutes .Bring your passport plus Condo ownership papers .I just got one last week there .

Yes, that is about right. Sometimes they may ask you to get a report from a local police station of your reported loss. This is a simple procedure for the police to note down on their diary of the reported loss.

Yes, that is about right. Sometimes they may ask you to get a report from a local police station of your reported loss. This is a simple procedure for the police to note down on their diary of the reported loss.

Reporting the loss to the Daily Log Officer is a simple procedure as has been said. However, you may have to wait ages in the queue, so best allow yourself pleanty of time.

Hi,

Which documents do you get when you buy a condo ?

I searched this site but not sure of the full list... :o

- the "chanote" (Thai document from the Land Office)

- the "yellow book" (Thai "house book" from the City Hall)

- the FETF (Foreign Exchange Transaction Form from the Bank)

Something else ?

Thanks

Pattaya46... soon to be a condo owner :D

Hi,

Which documents do you get when you buy a condo ?

I searched this site but not sure of the full list... :o

- the "chanote" (Thai document from the Land Office)

- the "yellow book" (Thai "house book" from the City Hall)

- the FETF (Foreign Exchange Transaction Form from the Bank)

Something else ?

Thanks

Pattaya46... soon to be a condo owner :D

A. I have a yellow coloured hard paper document, listing previous owners and then my name at the bottom .( maybe its called Chanote ? )

B. an A4 paper from the land office noting my registration ,on purchase .

These two documents plus my passport i brought to City hall for the house book ,which is also called the Blue book .( it looks like a Bank book and has a blue hard cover )

Thank's Thaifan2.

Yes your "yellow coloured hard paper document" must be the chanote. :D

Here is one example : faqs_t01.jpg

> B. an A4 paper from the land office noting my registration ,on purchase .

Is there the selling price on this document ? or on any other document ?

:o

... These two documents plus my passport i brought to City hall for the house book ,which is also called the Blue book .( it looks like a Bank book and has a blue hard cover )

A "blue" book ? So I suppose the condo is not in Your name ?

My understanding is that you can get :

- a "yellow book" with your falang name if the condo is in Foreign name

- a "blue book" with your wife's name if the condo is in Thai name

Is that ok ?

And for Basil B:

This book can be used in place of a "Proof of Residence"

to get your Thai Driving License or to buy a Bike or a Car in your name.

Maybe can be use sometimes to get the Thai price when double pricing...

Pataya46

... These two documents plus my passport i brought to City hall for the house book ,which is also called the Blue book .( it looks like a Bank book and has a blue hard cover )

Is that ok ?

And for Basil B:

Pataya46

The Condo is in my name .( foreign ownership )

Maybe the Chanote is also called the Yellow book ? as its yellow .

The only reason i went to get the blue book ( house book )is that my Condo Insurance broker asked for it .I did not need it for proof of residance at immigration office when purchasing a motorcycle recently

Edited by Thaifan2

I think I will never understand... :o

Many posts on ThaiVisa say you can't. By instance look at this one :

A farang can very well have a blue book for his property. But he is not entitled to be registered in it. The alternative to him is the yellow book. One property can have a blue book as well as yellow book. It confirms the owner of the property but it does not mean the farang registered in the yellow book has to be the owner (or the Thais in the blue book).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Usufruct-Yel...0#entry1506110:

My wife left both our blue books in a taxi in BKK in March. She went to the Amphur in Banglamung and the one in Nong Bua Lamphu, along with police reports and had them re-issued.

When she got the one reissued in Pattaya, the Amphur said I could be listed in the blue book. We didn't pursue it but I will when I get out of the sand pit.

>>A farang can very well have a blue book for his property. But he is not entitled to be registered in it.<<

Somebody should tell the girl working at Pattaya City Hall that ,who issued a blue book with my name on it .Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that ok ?

And for Basil B:

Pataya46

Hi,

Thanks for the info, just to clarify things, I purchased the condo in my name and had the blue book passed on to me.

Only page 1 is filled in, date above the dotted line is year 2539 and the date at the bottom is year 2541.

Presume you only need to register if you are staying at the address for some time, as I am renting out my condo do tenants need to register?

BB

Is that ok ?

And for Basil B:

Pataya46

Hi,

Thanks for the info, just to clarify things, I purchased the condo in my name and had the blue book passed on to me.

Only page 1 is filled in, date above the dotted line is year 2539 and the date at the bottom is year 2541.

Presume you only need to register if you are staying at the address for some time, as I am renting out my condo do tenants need to register?

BB

I have a blue book ,just like a bank book,came with my house,and issued by City Hall.

If you are a Farang it doesn't need to be filled in.

Only Thai names go in if in Thai ownership.

Acceptable at Immigration for residency certificates needed for purchasing vehicles,acquiring driving licences etc.

Happy Days

The Banglamung Amphur told both of us that I could be registered in the Blue Book as long as my Thai wife is listed there first.

As I said, we haven't pursued it but I will after I return.