Non-imm 'o' Visa In Hull For Non-uk Citizen?

Hello people, After surveying the different options avaialble for me for a long-term stay in Thailand without retirement, work or marriage, it seems like the 12 month multi-entry type 'O' visa from the Thai consulate in Hull is the way to go (with reason stated as 'visiting friends'). BUT i am not a UK citizen (Austrian), so my question is whether this visa will be available also for me or only for UK nationals?

If it would be available for me, would it be possible to to it by mail, or should i go there personally? will they send me the visa by mail back to Germany or is this too much to ask?

They will only post passports to a UK address.

I seem to remember they said they would post to an EU address, of course senility could have set in :o

They are certainly worth a call / email asking the question :D

They will only post passports to a UK address.

I seem to remember they said they would post to an EU address, of course senility could have set in :o

They are certainly worth a call / email asking the question :D

Don't risk it Crossy. Immigration have a more than watchful eye on Hull.

Would there be an issue if you posted your docs to a family member, who forwarded them onto Hull, who then returned them to your family address, and finally a family member sent them back to Thailand?

Would there be an issue if you posted your docs to a family member, who forwarded them onto Hull, who then returned them to your family address, and finally a family member sent them back to Thailand?

I do not want to get personal or to tell you what to do. I only want to make it clear, that above is BS visa practice and illegal. Maybe others can give you the details much better.

And to those people who still think that above can be done, I would only suggest that they start to ponder what effect such malpractice may have towards all those people who do it right and want to stay legal in LOS.

That is not the issue here as the OP is in Germany.

Lopburi covers the situation where the applicant is in LOS at the time of application.

A couple of things spring to mind here.

Don't risk it Crossy. Immigration have a more than watchful eye on Hull.

Are you sure about this / how do you know this ?

From what I've read the Hull consulate is a true accecpted diplomat in the UK and was made as a consulate by the King.

I remember reading on the consulates website that the only stipulation is that visas cannot be issued while you are in Thailand.

ok, spoke with the Hull consulate. It is indeed available also for non-uk nationals (not sure if only for other EU countries or for everyone else as well) and can be done by mail and returned to germany.

I didnt think you would have a problem.