This Wed/thurs/fri Drinking And Bar Opening?

JCCR6

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what the situation is with bars being open on Wed night, Thursday and Friday this week?

Normally in Bangkok everything would be closed for Buddhist Lent, is this the case with Pattaya?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what the situation is with bars being open on Wed night, Thursday and Friday this week?

Normally in Bangkok everything would be closed for Buddhist Lent, is this the case with Pattaya?

Thanks.

Wednesday should be normal, but in the worst case all entertainment venues have to shut down at midnight. Thursday will be closed for sure, as well as Friday, but might reopen at midnight. Saturday should be back to normal business.

I do not know the official announcement, but that's my best guess for the coming days.

I will use the 2 holidays to visit a few temples (seriously!).

brgds

Moo9

Hi,

Thanks.

I was told by the Siam Commercial Bank that they will only close on Thursday and reopen on Friday, so if thats anything to go by then the bars would surely only close on Thursday too.

I was told by the Siam Commercial Bank that they will only close on Thursday and reopen on Friday, so if thats anything to go by then the bars would surely only close on Thursday too.

According to this other forum in nav.gifThailand Forum > Thailand News > Thailand News clippings, Friday will not be an open bar day:

Tomorrow Friday July 18:

Buddhist Lent Day designated as Thailand's No Alcohol Day

Edited by Jale

That's interesting, anyone know about government offices? Just found a water bill at the bottom of my mailbox which is a week overdue. I need to go to Banglamung water office to pay it but assumed they would now be shut til Monday.

Still if they are shut til Monday, there will be no staff working to cut me off :o