100 Things You Didn't Know About Thailand

qwertz

There is a bg in thailand that shagged ray parlour(when playing for arsenal), when he was married.Any news of the World reporters here i can sell story and maybe a pic or 2 for 100,000 pounds.

BTW she sad he was crap.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's quite amusing to see what some people think are "Things you didn't know about Thailand" :D

Okay so you have a brain the size of a planet, how about sharing some of your immense knowledge with us mere mortals.

Come on tell something you alone know about Thailand.

I didn't think so. :o

Thai Royal anthem was composed by a Russian (or German).

The royal anthem, “Phleng Sansoen Phra Barami” is a song honoring the king. In use since 1871, the music was composed by Pyotr Schurovsky of Russia. The current lyrics were written by Prince Narisaranuvadtivongs, around 1913 and were later revised by King Rama VI. “Phleng Sansoen Phra Barami” was the national anthem of Siam until 1932.

Thailand’s national anthem is called “Pheng Chat” The melody was written by Peter Feit (known in Thailand as known in Thailand as Phra Jenduriyang), the son of a German immigrant and royal advisor for music. When the nation’s name was changed to Thailand from Siam in 1939, the government held a competition for new lyrics for the anthm. Luang Saranuprapan was awarded one thousand baht for writing the words we still sing today.

In 1688 King Phetracha expelled all Europeans from the Kingdom due to his belief that a Greek adviser to King Narai (who he had just staged a coup against) was going to use the royal heir as a puppet and later become king himself. The Greek, Constantine Phaulkon, his followers and the royal heir were all executed as a result. King Narai died soon after.

Thai Royal anthem was composed by a Russian (or German).

The royal anthem, “Phleng Sansoen Phra Barami” is a song honoring the king. In use since 1871, the music was composed by Pyotr Schurovsky of Russia.

There was a different account circulated a couple of years ago, attributing the the music to some German composer.

Central department store is the first department store in Thailand, that has an indoor food court,

and Chidlom is its first branch.

University of Chiangmai, and University of Songkla, are the two most picks, for the preferable place of study outside Bkk among students on their university entrance applications.

A M2 student can skip M3 and go directly to high school, by the special exam given nationally by the thai government once each year.

Central department store is the first .........and Chidlom is its first branch.

err, that would be central wangburapha...... :o

If it's true, then I didn't know that and .....never heard of it and never been there, while growing up - except Chidlom branch which used to be called Seelom branch.

If it's true, then I didn't know that and .....never heard of it and never been there, while growing up - except Chidlom branch which used to be called Seelom branch.

i'm quite sure its true - central wangburapha was opened in 1957 - it's in the chinatown area. :D

Central Wang Burapha opened in 1957, Central Silom in 1968 and Central Chidlom in 1973.

A Thai silk cloth maker to The Royal Lanna Court invented the neck tie about 750 years ago. It was only after the death of King Tilokoraj when the brightly colored fashion accessory was allowed to be shown in the outside world that it's use spread to Europe where it found favor in the British Royal family as a fashion item and later The New World - Americas: Where the stripes were reversed due to a cock up with a photocopier and automatic silk loom.

Not a lot of people know that !

Central Wang Burapha opened in 1957, Central Silom in 1968 and Central Chidlom in 1973.

Oh …that explained it then, it’s in the china town,…not my frequent turf.

My territories were anywhere between Bangkapi to SiamSquare, and to & back from my school St. John - Ladprao

Well you guys know better than me then, so just minus Central as one of the known facts from Teacup.

Even I "teacup" could be wrong sometimes too :D

Edited by teacup

family buffaloes in Thailand are prone to diseases.
I understand that the occurance of said diseases increases if there is a monied farang within the 'family'.

One has to ask if the 'pond' is in fact the start of "Naam's - Buffalo Health and Treatment Spa Resort"?

You are most knowledable on the subject of the 'Bubalus Arnee'.