Englishman Found Dead In His Apartment

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: July 15th 2008

English Man discovered dead in his apartment.

On Tuesday Morning, Police were called to the PJ Inn Apartments off Pattaya Third Road to investigate reports of a foreign fatality. At the scene, Police were directed to a room on the 3rd floor and inspected the heavily decomposed body of Mr. Anthony Roberts aged 53 from Liverpool, England.

He was lying naked on his bed and following initial inspections, nothing untoward was found in the room, suggesting there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death. Neighbors mentioned that Mr. Roberts would drink heavily on a daily basis and initial theories suggest his excessive drinking may have led to his demise.

The British Embassy in Bangkok is aware of Mr. Roberts passing and Police will keep the case open until they receive the results of a post mortem examination.

If I were to drop dead right now, I think there would be significant decomposition of my corpse before anyone bothered to alert the apartment office to open my door. That's a rather depressing thought. Might as well hop off the balcony get it all over and done with quickly.

Be nice if one died not nud_e for once. :D

Do you sleep in your thermal pyjamas then in Thailand, Brit? :o

My sincere condolences to his family.

It's what everyone from Taffyland cannot live without - woolen underwear or the makings thereof

But it's a sad way to go - I like to hope my family would miss me - both in Thailand and back in UK.

Too bad about this fella dying at a relatively young age but death is just as much a part of life as birth.

In any case, at least for people who are single and live alone, I don't think there is anything unusual in the fact that many may not be discoverd for some time and be in a decomposed state (due to the heat or pet predation) if they should die suddenly while at home (heart attack of slip and fall say). Many people have small social circles and may not have phone or personal contact with others for many days (maybe even a week or more). If I cannot get reach someone on the phone, I don't immedietely rush over to their house to see if they are still alive. I just assume they re busy or don't want to take a call at that time. Maybe the same for this fella.

Edited by NotNew2You

• 3 weeks later...
If I were to drop dead right now, I think there would be significant decomposition of my corpse before anyone bothered to alert the apartment office to open my door. That's a rather depressing thought. Might as well hop off the balcony get it all over and done with quickly.

Briggsy, I hope you're only joking.

My condolences to friends and family.

One of the problems in Thailand is that people are rather transient and generally socialization is done away from one's home. A lot of it is rather informal.

I once had a colleague who was missing for a week. Several of us were quite concerned. He didn't come to work, didn't call. Turned out he was in the hospital with Dengue fever, didn't have his mobile phone with his phone numbers and was quite ill. Even though he socialized with everyone, we only knew what soi he lived on, along with 10,000 other people in about 50 apartment buildings!

We just kept thinking someone should be smelling him by now. Fortunately, he recovered, but it was rather scary.

whats up with foreigners always being in the nud_e when they are found dead!!!!!!

back home I have never read about someone being found dead and naked!!

It is a hot country. Many of us sleep in the nud_e. It feels nice. I promise not to start a poll about this, but that is clearly the reason.

whats up with foreigners always being in the nud_e when they are found dead!!!!!!

It is the low standard of news reporting in Pattaya, they have to bulk up the story or it would not even constitute a paragraph.

Anyway it makes me think because I am also only 53... and hel_l I want to live for many more years.

Anthony I doubt I ever meet you but R.I.P.

BB

:o

>> whats up with foreigners always being in the nud_e when they are found dead!!!!!!

>> Back home I have never read about someone being found dead and naked!!

----

>>>> It is a hot country. Many of us sleep in the nud_e. It feels nice. I promise not to start a poll about this, but that is clearly the reason.

----

Yes I do realise its a hot country and that no-one wears pyjamas to bed.

but, I assumed that most pople sleep in underwear, (briefs, y-fronts, boxer-shorts, knickers, g-string or whatever).

it just seems a VERY high amount of dead foreign people are naked.

can I ask a thai person if Thai People are also usually naked when they are found dead?

ok.. TWO QUESTIONS:

(1) are thai people often found naked when they have died at home?

(2) how many people in this forum will admit to sleeping naked? or do you wear briefs, undrewear, boxer-shorts etc?

:D

.. and of course, this subject is not intended to demoralise the unfortunate man who has died. I do wish his family good health and that he rests in peace.

:o

>> whats up with foreigners always being in the nud_e when they are found dead!!!!!!

>> Back home I have never read about someone being found dead and naked!!

----

>>>> It is a hot country. Many of us sleep in the nud_e. It feels nice. I promise not to start a poll about this, but that is clearly the reason.

----

Yes I do realise its a hot country and that no-one wears pyjamas to bed.

but, I assumed that most pople sleep in underwear, (briefs, y-fronts, boxer-shorts, knickers, g-string or whatever).

it just seems a VERY high amount of dead foreign people are naked.

can I ask a thai person if Thai People are also usually naked when they are found dead?

ok.. TWO QUESTIONS:

(1) are thai people often found naked when they have died at home?

(2) how many people in this forum will admit to sleeping naked? or do you wear briefs, undrewear, boxer-shorts etc?

:D

.. and of course, this subject is not intended to demoralise the unfortunate man who has died. I do wish his family good health and that he rests in peace.

Ok, at this time I read your email, I am wearing in Phuket(!): sarong, nothing else as its too hot.

And I am a farang. I have been here for 20 years plus so either I am getting older(g)or whatever....

It is simply a factoid the reporter to include to sensationalize the story a bit...as if sleeping nud_e is so racy.

ref to he may as well have jumped of the balcony and got it over quicker please spare a though to his family who are grieving his death as speaking as a family friend from merseyside i know his 26 year old son and his former wife his son had not long been out to thailand to visit and is taking this badly t as u can only imagine . his son has been surfing the thailand news on the net which is the reason i'm here please think before you put careless remarks down thank you .