Prices For Students To Go To School?

How much does it cost a thai person to go to school, say for the average person in Bangkok or the outskirts.

How much for secondary eduction, how much for post secondary (like english etc for a 18 or whatever year old)

Is it paid by the month, year?

I suppose it would depend on the kind of school. International school, fully bi-lingual school, a school with an English program, a private Thai school or a government school. I am sure there are some that I missed but you get the picture.

I teach at a Govt. school which has a separate EP in the "sticks", (M1-M3). The cost is 35,000 baht per term plus other expenses. Each student is required to have their own laptop since the classrooms are "electronic". All of the classrooms are furnished with A/C, projectors, processor for PP. presentations, etc. All 'farang" teachers must have the necessary qualifications (and paperwork) for WP and visa requirements, three verifiable references, and prior experience. :o

Edited by mizzi39

I work at a Private School in an EP in Bangkok. Students here pay approximately the following annual tution, fees, materials:

1) Regular Thai Program - 30,000 bt/yr

2) Thai Program with Extra English Classes taught by Native speakers - 70,000 bt/yr

3) English Program - 220,000 bt/yr

My Daughter's Catholic school - Anubaan and Pratom about 10,000 a year.

How old is your daughter ?

Where is this school ?

Do they teach in English ?

Do they require students speaking to each other in English only ?

That price is very inexpensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Anubaan (Kindergarten) 1 is costing me 18400 baht this year.

Some of my Thai neighbours' children (Pratom level) are going to a government school where the price is about 4500 (four thousand five hundred) for the year.

Having said that I think another set of parents are paying close to 400,000 Baht at an "International" school.

The price varies depending on the type of school.