Rain........

bmw

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK...I can get into the spirit of the thing too.  Living at the present time where it snows certain times of the year, I'll give y'all an update on how many inches have come down!  Hee Maa Thok! :o

That's the idea, Boon Mee...any meteorological info is good. If you're not sure, just make it up :D

Heard some thunder last night, obviously far away from Bangkok.

One hour to go till the sun will rise and I can check if any stale rainwater puddles around. Rather cool here, temperatures must have dropped below 30 C. Shivering!

If you aspire to be a writer or lyricist of pop songs, be sure to write a rain song. Then, when it rains (as it does sooner or later, unless you're in Arica, Chile) they'll play your song!

I live just above an open air restaurant with live music, and it rained a few nights ago around 10 pm, the first time in about two or three weeks. Immediately the singer broke into "Listen to the Falling rain" or "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head." B. J. Thomas is probably living on the royalties just from that last song.

The American humorist Will Rogers supposedly said that everybody talks about the weather, but they don't do anything about it.

That's why you can talk about the weather when there's nothing to talk about.

Two old men on the porch in West Texas, sitting in rocking chairs, every day from May through September:

#1: Shure is hot today.

#2: Yep, shure is.

#1: Yessiree Bob, it's a real scorcher today.

#2: Boy howdy, it shure is hot.

......ad infinitum.

If you aspire to be a writer or lyricist of pop songs, be sure to write a rain song.

If the rain comes

they run and hide their heads

They might as well be dead

If the rain comes

If the rain comes

When the sun shines

they slip into the shade

and sip their lemonade

When the sun shines

When the sun shines

Rain, I don't mind

Shine, the weather's fine

I can show you

that when it starts to rain

everything's the same

I can show you

I can show you

Rain, I don't mind

Shine, the weather's fine

Can you hear me

that when it rains and shines

it's just a state of mind

Can you hear me

Can you hear me

If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.

sdaeh rieht edih dna nur yeht semoc niar eht fI.

(Rain)

naiR.

(Rain)

enihsnuS.

- Rain, Lennon and McCartney

No rain in CM.

Here's a silly joke with rain in it.

A Russian couple were walking down the street in Moscow one night, when the man felt a drop hit his nose. 'I think it's raining', he said to his wife. 'No, that felt more like snow to me', she replied. 'No, I'm sure it was just rain, he said'. Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing. Just then they saw a minor communist party official walking toward them. 'Let's not fight about it', the man said, 'Let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing'. As the official approached, the man said, 'Tell us, Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?' 'It's raining, of course', he replied, and walked on. But the woman insisted: 'I know that felt like snow!' To which the man quietly replied: 'Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear'.

Effin' freezing here in Essex. Ice on the ground during the middle of the day, the wind bites, but the sky was only partially overcast for a spell and it looked luverly.

Wish I was in LoS at the moment :o

... or maybe Saigon. :D I may go there for a while, just for a laugh.