Connection

ignis

Downloading SP3 a month or so ago wiped OS MS XP Pro from my PC..

Now I have Vista + XP duel boot, Vista is fine and connects to the internet..

I have to use XP for some things, and find it a bit of a pain that when working in XP I cannot connect..

I wondered if you need the internet on both Vista + XP do I need to pop in another card and run another cable to my Router?

I do have a card somewhere, but wanted to ask first if Vista + XP will run from the same connection?

" wondered if you need the internet on both Vista + XP do I need to pop in another card and run another cable to my Router?

I do have a card somewhere, but wanted to ask first if Vista + XP will run from the same connection? "

Yes it will :o Here's what you do, first go to the device manager to verify that the driver for your lan connection is actually loaded in XP, right click they my computer icon on either the desktop or in the start menu, and select properties, go to the hardware tab, press device manager, and verify that you have a functioning network adapter, there should be a expandable section called network adapters, if there is, and your lan card is listed, then it's not a driver issue, if it isn't and you find some device with a exlamation mark, then you need to install a proper driver for your lan card.

If you verified this, you need to go to network connections, and verify that the connection is actually enabled.

" wondered if you need the internet on both Vista + XP do I need to pop in another card and run another cable to my Router?

I do have a card somewhere, but wanted to ask first if Vista + XP will run from the same connection? "

Yes it will :o Here's what you do, first go to the device manager to verify that the driver for your lan connection is actually loaded in XP, right click they my computer icon on either the desktop or in the start menu, and select properties, go to the hardware tab, press device manager, and verify that you have a functioning network adapter, there should be a expandable section called network adapters, if there is, and your lan card is listed, then it's not a driver issue, if it isn't and you find some device with a exlamation mark, then you need to install a proper driver for your lan card.

If you verified this, you need to go to network connections, and verify that the connection is actually enabled.

Many thanks yes that was the problem, popped in the motherboard set up disc, loaded the driver in XP and all is now fine