Expat communities in Thailand

george

I am now merging several threads regarding farang related clubs, associations etc into a new forum branch:

Expat communities in Thailand

Forum for communities, clubs and associations in Thailand (Bangkok Expats Club, The Bangkok Expats' Association, Pattaya City Expats Club and others).

Welcome with your announcements etc.

/Admin

PS! Do we have any communities in Phuket, Chaing Mai, HuaHin etc?

• 1 month later...
hi I'm an olympic freestyle wrestler.I plan to stay in Yhailand for  a year.Does anyone know of any wrestling clubs? thanks...........shemmy :o

:D

Yes..go on reading the posts in this forum. Actually some threads they deleted. You can imagine why?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
<font color='#000000'>Wondering if their is an expats club in the North East eg Udon Thani/ Nong Bua......?</font>

<font color='#000000'>There's an expat club in Surin. We meet every day, drink beer and talk nonsense.</font>

Is that the place next to the bus station? I'd be interested in meeting every day when I'm there...just so I don't lose my English (that's what I can tell her...... :D:o YESSS!!)

• 2 weeks later...

HRH Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands will honour Thailand with a state visit 19 tot 24 January 04 to mark that it will be 400 years ago that the first Dutch envoy took office in Ayudhya. Holland and the Dutch were called ''Wilanda'' during the Ayudhya period.

The Dutch-Thai cultural society of Chiangrai, ''Wilanda'', is positioned as a vehicle for cultural activities, subservient to the aims of existing cultural institutions in Chiangrai. ''Wilanda'' supports and asisits, if necessary offers an organisational structure and facilities. By holding and actively developing an intermediary position ''Wilanda'' seeks to contribute to exchange in the field of art and culture, of knowledge and thoughts between Thailand and the Netherlands.

Also non-dutch are active members. Worth mentioning is the fact that ''Wilanda'' even has a member from the United States of America. As a Stanford University graduate and translator of the Burmese chronicles he is considered to be a valuable resource person for the ongoing studies concerning the Lanna-Siam history of this area.

For more information: [email protected]

sorry to say, but as far as I know there is no expat-club in Chiang Mai

should be a good idea to setup one, we are quite a few living here ...

Chiang Mai Hash House Harriers has been going since 1981.

Whilst not strictly an expat club, it is 99% expat. The last couple of years have seen it change from a mere drinking club into a fund raising club for various local charities, last year 200,000 baht, whilst still having a good time as a social club.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I don't have all the Forums URL's listed within our webpage:

http://homepage.mac.com/mgnewman/KenLat/

But I think you can find enough to take up 24/7/365 if you read all the entrees on each one I DO have listed.

Just bookmark our homepage, then page down on the left hand subheadings section to Forums, then click on each and every one of interest to you.

While you are looking at the webpage, have a look at all the other subheadings and make a mental note so in the future when a question pops up in any area included in our webpage, you will know where to go first to have a look for the answer you need.

Ken/Lat Bower

San Antonio Texas

Visiting Thailand since 1971

• 3 weeks later...

So where do the expats in Surin meet? Do you have a thread online for your group? I have a gf/soon-to-be-wife in Rattanaburi. I don't live in Surin but I visit once in a while. Maybe a thread could be started. I'd guess there are a lot of people with connections to that area.

So where do the expats in Surin meet? Do you have a thread online for your group? I have a gf/soon-to-be-wife in Rattanaburi. I don't live in Surin but I visit once in a while. Maybe a thread could be started. I'd guess there are a lot of people with connections to that area.

Count me in...Phet Kasem Hotel will be good place to start. :o