Pattaya Smoking Regulations

LtCol

sweetchariot,

i do not smoke, however, i am almost tempted to take up the habit. Go ahead, damage your DNA & develop cancer,heart disease, emphysema...........................................

it makes me wonder why those who object to smoking would fly half way round the world to subject themselves to secondhand smoke. The only reason we're subjecting ouselves to second hand smoke is through idiots like SweetChariot breaking the law. Of course there's also the issue of non-enforcement, but that will change.

i ask myself, is their problem with people who smoke, or is it with the implematation of thai laws. If people chose to smoke, that's their decision, but don't inflict the consequencies of their substance dependency on others, especially when it's illegal.

i learned a long time ago, live and let live. I learned not to let people walk all over me.

if a bar is too smokey, i leave, its a bit like crap music, kids selling me 3 day old dead roses or shoeshine boys, if it pisses me off i check bin and leave. In the old days I would have done likewise - times are changing.

i think our problem is we are too young, lets not forget, to some. pattaya is their own personal fiefdom, and irrespective of changes, they want maintain the staus quo. So young, yet either unable, or unwilling, to move with the times.

how long before you get me up to 40 a day? how much would it cost, the cost is irrelevant, i am almost tempted to invite the thai guys i play football with to come down to pattaya and frequent the bars some of these blow ins frequent, the keyboard warriors may or may not be so vocal. Where I come from we fight our own battles - I guess you only fight in groups

makes me wonder what attracts these people to pattaya in the first place, maybe they should be thankful thai laws are not so rigourisly enforced, or maybe that is selective on their part. Smoking bans are the way the world is moving. As for the law, whilst I don't always agree with every law of the land, I welcome rigorous enforcement in all countries; I've nothing to fear from this - it just means that I have to obey the law.

keep on keepin on, if youve got them smoke them. . He'll wish he hadn't when he's attending the oncology department.

It's quite clear that the posts from the pro-smoking, in this thread & others, are actually encouraging & telling people how & where they can break the law. Isn't this behaviour in breach of forum rules? Surely, offering to send a list of bars where one can defy the smoking ban is really no different to sending a list of i.e. drug dealers.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

As a young 35 year old I haven't lost any friends thankyou....

Perhaps not, but you may have lost a few marbles, especially if you regard yourself as indestructible. I don't know how many cigarettes you smoke every day but each one of them is doing you harm....and that applies to your smoking friends too.

If you are happy to sit around with your mates blowing smoke into each others faces, that's fine with me but don't impose this stupidity onto those who do possess all of their marbles and recognize the harm caused by tobacco products.

You will soon learn that p1ssing off smokers is one thing, p1ssing off Thai bar owners is entirely another, which will soon lead to your demise.

Sorry to disagree but "pissing off bar owners" may lead to your own demise. If they own premises that are subject to the no-smoking laws and you selfishly and arrogantly take it upon yourself to light up contrary to those laws thus exposing them to hefty fines, you may find yourself victim of bar owner justice.

35 years on this earth and you still haven't grown up. Take your nicotine habit to an area where you aren't breaking Thailand laws or interfering with the comforts of those who don't want to share your second hand smoke. Think about it, it's not too much to ask.

Good post. Thanks for saving me some time.

<br />is it true that smoking after sex in Chonburi Province will soon be banned?

Yes this could be true, soon

But I don’t think it will be a problem for you

as I did hear you are sexually self sufficient now days

Ha Ha

Oink Oink.

Edited by plasticpig

<br />is it true that smoking after sex in Chonburi Province will soon be banned?<br />

Yes this could be true, soon

But I don’t think it will be a problem for as I did

Hear you are now sexually, self sufficient now days

Ha Ha

Oink Oink.

Don't tell me you've been spying on horizontal-jogging activities with those lovely Binoculars you bought a

while back Plasticpig? :o

By the way,by way of silly deviation...have you ever asked a Thai person what noise a pig makes??

It ain't "oink,oink" and indeed(as I discovered many years ago) they derive much confused amusement

at our "oink,oink" assertion!!!!!......if you haven't already,ask a Thai person and when you think about it

they may be actually more accurate in their interpretation.

All The Best.........

it makes me wonder why those who object to smoking would fly half way round the world to subject themselves to secondhand smoke.

What an insane comment to make. Where do you live in the world?

Check out this list of countries with smoking bans. Is your country listed or do you live alone on some deserted island?

Tourists, like myself, come to Thailand to have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. This includes nice meals followed by a few evening social drinks with friends. We don't need to tolerate our space being invaded by second hand tobacco smoke.

Thailand has caught up with the Western World and introduced smoking bans in certain places. Smokers are now the minority and must conform to the regulations or face the consequences.

So now, when we fly around the world, we don't have to subject ourselves to secondhand smoke. It's a sign of the times.

name='lalana'

Don't tell me you've been spying on horizontal-jogging activities with those lovely Binoculars you bought a while back Plasticpig?

By the way,by way of silly deviation...have you ever asked a Thai person what noise a pig makes?? It ain't oink,oink and indeed(as I discovered many years ago) they derive much confused amusement at our ;oink,oink assertion!!!!!......if you haven't already,ask a Thai person and when you think about it they may be actually more accurate in their interpretation.All The Best....

Will give it a go on the wife tomorrow. oot oot

Edited by plasticpig

smoking in one-way streets on odd calendar days is prohibited too (i think) :o

jokes may hep to overrcome frustration: in BKK they bring you an ashtrey on the noble venue terrasse beside Landmark but have all over no-smoking signs and fee-warnings at a - din'd believe it - Issarn food stall along fume polluted road close to Khao Sarn area! Stickers not only on the stall's cart but at every table glued to the shutter of the closed shop behind!

SB :D