Offshore Medical

Anybody knows where I could get an OFFSHORE MEDICAL examination done. Good if UKOOA approved, no need for OLF (Norwegian standard)

Prefer somewhere around Chiang Mai. If nothing there, in BKK

Information much appreciated

Anybody knows where I could get an OFFSHORE MEDICAL examination done. Good if UKOOA approved, no need for OLF (Norwegian standard)

Prefer somewhere around Chiang Mai. If nothing there, in BKK

Information much appreciated

There are no "officially approved" UKOOA facilities or practitioners for this in Thailand. The medical is not that complicated and any major hospital with a Medical Check dept should be able to perform this. You do need your company's template for the checkup to facilitate and be sure you have all aspects covered. UKOOA standards are not widely known in Thailand and it is doubtful if any facility would be able to do a compliant medical just off-hand.

I know that you can get the Norwegian Maritime Directorate medical is sanctioned at Bumragrad hospital in Bangkok. The recognised doctor is Dr Vatana Supromajakr, his phone number is:- 66 2 6671000

I know you would like the UKOOA one, but failing that then this should cover you.

Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Thought I'd update the information on this topic, as it may be useful to others.

I have just completed the UK Oil and Gas (Formally UKOOA) Offshore medical at Bumrungrad in Bangkok, with Doctor Vatana Supromajakr.

I received the medical certificate, and then contacted the UKOG querying the doctor's status (because there is no doctor listed as approved in thailand on the UKOG website) I received the following reply:

Thanks for your email, I can confirm that Dr Vatana Supromajakr is Oil &

Gas UK approved with PIN Number OGUK/2009/1287.

Dr Supromajakr is a newly registered doctor and his details may have not

been updated onto the Oil & Gas UK website as yet, I will contact them

and let them know to update it.

But I can confirm your certificate is valid.

Kind regards

Danielle Forbes

Oil & Gas UK Administrator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost 9000b (ouch)

The doctor asked whether I wanted the Norwegian medical or UK, saying the OLF was cheaper because it is less thorough(?) I question this, because I had read the opposite, and read of guys being refused entry to Norwiegen heliports bc they have the UK cert, even though there is a reciprocal agreement between Norway, Holland and the UK to recognise each others medical.

Anyway, hope this helps

:o