Thai Green Chicken Curry. (แกงเขียวหวานไก่ Gaeng Khiao Waan Gai)

aircut

Thai green curry is one of the popular ambassadors of Thai food in overseas restaurants. As such the dish has suffered modifications and abuses. I prepared a video to demonstrates the authentic method of creating a flavorful curry dish from scratch. You can use a commercial curry paste if you can't find the time or the ingredients to make your own. However, the homemade version will be more fragrant and flavorful.

Traditionally curry pastes are being made by pureeing all the ingredients using a pestle and mortar, starting with the hardest ingredient to the softer. The paste should be as fine as possible, eliminating all the textures of the raw ingredients preserving only their flavors. The end product should have a combined, full and rounded aroma.

Green curry is also popular with fish dumplings and coconut sprouts instead of chicken, and is often served with white rice, white rice vermicelli noodles and boiled salted duck eggs.

In this video you will learn how to prepare an authentic Thai green chicken curry.:

Enjoy!!

I'll tell you a couple things here. First, I liked the video, it's thorough and well filmed. And it looked tasty. Second, it's a shameless plug for your website. I have no problem with that if you keep up on this food board here and contribute when TV members have questions about Thai food that need answering like Miss Bambina does ever-so-well. But if your only 1 or 2 posts are going to be plugs for your own efforts on TV, I wouldn't expect to be around here for long. Better to be a part of the community.....if you're up to it.