Septic Snake

earlofwindermere

Our toilet is plugged and a plunger/drano are not doing the work.

In the past, nearly every telephone pole had the Thai signs with "snake" in the message. However; they all seemed to have been replaced with signs about bug removal services.

Does anyone have a phone number of a plumber/person in the Sansai / Mae Jo area with a septic snake?

Thanks

You may find the water level has risen over the air inlet in which case the toilet won't flush.

If you get the waste tank drained out it will clear it. If the rising level caused by rainwater then need to put in air pipe at a higher level in the drain system.

Thanks CMSally.

I'm pretty sure that it's just the toilet. The other toilets work fine and it has been plugged since a party we had.

Our water tanks are also attached to the moobaan so we never have to drain them.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Does anybody have a phone number?

• 2 months later...
Our toilet is plugged and a plunger/drano are not doing the work.

In the past, nearly every telephone pole had the Thai signs with "snake" in the message. However; they all seemed to have been replaced with signs about bug removal services.

Does anyone have a phone number of a plumber/person in the Sansai / Mae Jo area with a septic snake?

Thanks

I've got a couple of "snakes". One 5 meters, the other 10 meters. Free to use, if you would like -As well as septic tank problem experience.

GLobal doesn't carry them but Home Pro has a few inexpensive (read 'cheap crap') models.

Thanks CMSally.

I'm pretty sure that it's just the toilet. The other toilets work fine and it has been plugged since a party we had.

Our water tanks are also attached to the moobaan so we never have to drain them.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Does anybody have a phone number?

I recently had a similar problem with one of our toilets due to me pouring a bucket full of dirty water into it which for some reason (unknown to me) still had the servicing utility rag embedded into it.

I did do an empirical research on how well a 3 m snake, dearly bought at HomePro, would do with respect to solving the problem - (I can offer you a partly unused toilet snake for 70% of HomePro's current price which you know better than I - although I'm no fool).

However, after having wasted several hours on such a mundane issue and thereby loosing a lot of income, I finally decided to to let the wife call a "professional" that solved the problem for 500 baht even without me having to loose more money by watching him ... Let me know if you're still in the business of requesting contact details.

Having encountered blocked soil-pipes a number of times, in my youth-hostel days, I always found that a traditional-style mop had about the right sized head, to generate sufficient suction when moved vigourously up-and-down at the base of the toilet-bowl, to clear the obstruction.

The long-handle meant that I could maintain a degree of personal-distance (Phew !). :o

Here in Mae-Jo, following long trips away, which meant no toilet-flushing or water running from showers/sinks, we have found that those mud-home-carrying wasp-like things may build their nests in drains, and cause blockages.

The snake I used when things were overflowing can be reached at 081 9936338. They do not speak English but they came with a motorized "snake" on their day off which after quite a bit of wriggling finally managed to cut through the roots of bushes growing into the main sewer line on the main road.