How Can We Educate Thais About The True Nature Of Farang?

NoSpeakIt

so we have all experienced the incorrect stereotypes and racism and classism towards ourselves and our Thai partners but how do we go about educating the Thai and especially the Thai-Chinese populations?

Once we educate ourselves and others about Thailand would be a first...

Chinese/Thais are more educated then most westerns here.

Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking “RJT” we will be heading in to some turbulence soon so I advice you to get back to your seats and strap your selfs in, in the even of a crash landing I would then further advice you to pay no attention to this topic as we kiss it goodbye! :o

They already think we are trees.

We oxegenate Thailand with our Baht.

What further education is needed?

Arboriculture?

Intu

Tree climbing is one of the thai's favorite pasttime

Are you a fruit tree? Many thais seem to love picking fruits too, so I see. :o

i was in siam square with my dark skinned gf and these 2 14 or 15 year old Sino-Thais gave us a dirty look so I calmy walked up to them and asked if i was mistaken or not or did they give us a dirty look they just kept looking away like they thought i was a weirdo freak but i think they got the message and know now what is and is not acceptable and will probably tell their friends about it so thats 2 down

Probably when Farangs start having respect for Thailand, Probably start in Pattaya. I've seen on many occasions farangs speak to Thai's like there a peice of shit and because they are asian they better listen. Makes me want to kickbox them to the head. Also when it happens the other way around

Probably when Farangs start having respect for Thailand, Probably start in Pattaya. I've seen on many occasions farangs speak to Thai's like there a peice of shit and because they are asian they better listen. Makes me want to kickbox them to the head. Also when it happens the other way around

Don - so, can I ask:- are you kick boxing/snap kicking Thais and falangs ?

Don, I've been meaning to ask you, just in case I need it sometime, where did you do your rage

management therapy?

being mean to 14 15 yr old thais just reinforces the stereotpe of the farang and funky looking farm girl sir. would you have done that 2 burly thai men.......lol.

dude, farangs have a tendency to go for personality type girls, go with it!

If I may be serious about the subject (may I?), the thought does cross my mind on odd-numbered Thursdays that immediately precede odd-numbered Fridays (such as next week). I have a burning desire, like temporary heartburn when I eat a chili, to educate every last Sino-Thai and a few Akha or Shan tribespeople, about the similarities between the Tex-Mex border and the Mex-Guat border. Or, to explain what our old Tex-Mex flaming gay friend is doing in Boston, translating French.

They do not care. Unless they know a farang closely, they have no need or desire to be educated about us. Some Thai educators (and I use that term loosely) would prefer to teach English without its accompanying culture. Who really needs to know that London is foggy, Florida is hot and humid, or the care and feeding of kangaroos?

They could get along without us, even without our money. They can sing "Got along without you before I met you; gonna get along without you now." The winter in Winnipeg is irrelevant. Of course, our loved ones love us, and need us and our money. The rest do not need to know the difference between bangers and Jimmy Dean sausage. Thais are nice, charming people who tolerate our idiosyncracies and our idiots. But they do not need lectures about lariats or cowboy hats. :o

so we have all experienced the incorrect stereotypes and racism and classism towards ourselves and our Thai partners but how do we go about educating the Thai and especially the Thai-Chinese populations?

What exactly is the correct stereotype for falangs/farangs, educate me and I'll tell the Thais.

Edited by canuckamuck

They already think we are trees.

We oxegenate Thailand with our Baht.

What further education is needed?

Arboriculture?

Intu

Tree climbing is one of the thai's favorite pasttime

Are you a fruit tree? Many thais seem to love picking fruits too, so I see. :D

Not too sure how to take that 'fruit' comment :D

But if some lady wants to play with my apples, she is more than welcome and I might even leave a 'deposit' behind :o

Charter a C-130 and do a leaflet drop.

Nah, leaflets will merely be used as wrappers or, by the more enlightened, toilet paper. Without gratitude, I might add.

Best go with a drop, a learning tool, that's already been proven 100% efficacious for gettin' respect and ending illusions. Afterwards we farangs can make all kinds of needed reforms, too. We'll then be able to buy land, suffer no more double pricing, have tuk-tuk and baht bus drivers as honest as Tokyo taxi drivers, etc.

Nuke. :o

Edited by JSixpack

i was in siam square with my dark skinned gf and these 2 14 or 15 year old Sino-Thais gave us a dirty look so I calmy walked up to them and asked if i was mistaken or not or did they give us a dirty look they just kept looking away like they thought i was a weirdo freak but i think they got the message and know now what is and is not acceptable and will probably tell their friends about it so thats 2 down

you really have too much time in hands....

and besides the fact that you made a fool of yourself, you did achieve absolutely nothing....

If you really believe that they will care about what you've done, you are in dire need of knowledge about this country.....

agree so many falangs have no respect for thai people................blow torh pattaya!

Intu...

You …taleung !

Are you sure, it's not just…. grapes & a twig? ......any teaser pic? :D

Cannot show you my oak apples and branch. The scanner is too small :D

I WANNASEE……. JUST KIDDING!!!

No use, cuz I’m no expert arborist anyway,….may be qwertz is :o

Threatening teeny boppers, wow. You're certainly a champ and an example for all farang to set. I wonder if you go around telling people you're special forces in farang pubs too? You're a joke and a loser.