Help :)

I am 20 yrs old and i am coming out to see my lady friend in chiang mai. i useally fly from england to bkk then go on the nite train to chiang mai but it is a pain in the arsebecause of the time traveling. i wana fly to chiang mai instead, is there any people who travel to chiang mai and know of a way to do this,(it is new to me you see). i have tryed to book a flight with connections to bkk then to chiang mai but no where dose it . are there any web sites where i can book it on ?

if any one can help i would be so very greatfull !!!!!!

thanks alot people hear from you soon :o

Air Asia or Nok Air do it, I believe 12go have been suspended. Book it separately (under 4,000 baht return), but might not go until the following morning.

You will have to get from Suvarnaphoom to the old airport (Don Mueang) for internal flights, I am sure there will be a shuttle bus.

thanks people so the best thing to do is book a flight as i normaly would to bkk then book a seperate 1 from bkk to chiang mai. via air asia but ill have to time it right. thanks alot !!!!!! :o

[/quote

Apart from the costs-possibly main reason--I am not sure why no one has mentioned TG [Thai Air] I am not sure which Airline you are using to fly from UK but if it is Thai then they give discounts if a dometic flight is tacked onto an international--and they certainly fly BKK-CNX--and can easily be booked from UK or anywhere else.

I am 20 yrs old and i am coming out to see my lady friend in chiang mai. i useally fly from england to bkk then go on the nite train to chiang mai but it is a pain in the arsebecause of the time traveling. i wana fly to chiang mai instead, is there any people who travel to chiang mai and know of a way to do this,(it is new to me you see). i have tryed to book a flight with connections to bkk then to chiang mai but no where dose it . are there any web sites where i can book it on ?

if any one can help i would be so very greatfull !!!!!!

thanks alot people hear from you soon :o

Wrong, if you fly TG (Thai Airways) they will book you all the way through to Chiangmai. I've done it a million times so you cant say it cant be done. The only catch is you will have to fly TG from London to Bangkok for this extension to work. You can then transit at Sawannaphumi Airport and process customs at Chiangmai. You have no need to hassle with the train (this is not the third world here, who is your travel agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and or taxi's etc......... You can even go onto Thai airways website and process a booking yourself, but your not likely the get the best deals that way.

Seems in all their excitement to recommend the cheapest airline to you, some forgot to mention Air Asia's luggage limit; You may transport Checked Baggage up to a maximum weight of 15 kg. Excess will be charged at 85.6 baht per kilo. They are nice enough to combine your hand luggage allowance before they charge for excess, so generally not too bad.

Another option to consider, if the times fit, is Bangkok Airways. Join their Frequent Flyer program to obtain a 30kg luggage allowance.

Seems in all their excitement to recommend the cheapest airline to you, some forgot to mention Air Asia's luggage limit; You may transport Checked Baggage up to a maximum weight of 15 kg. Excess will be charged at 85.6 baht per kilo. They are nice enough to combine your hand luggage allowance before they charge for excess, so generally not too bad.

Another option to consider, if the times fit, is Bangkok Airways. Join their Frequent Flyer program to obtain a 30kg luggage allowance.

re. Air Asia - $1 per checked baggage and excess of 165 bht per kg I think - (its what I got charged but that was international)

re. Air Asia - $1 per checked baggage and excess of 165 bht per kg I think - (its what I got charged but that was international)

I'm sure that I made clear the charges in the post that you have quoted. :o