Does Homeworks Pattaya Have The Worst Service On Planet Earth?

jaansinatra

I went to Boonathavon Monday to purchase granite for new counter tops. The sales woman was unable to answer any question in regards to how much granite I needed to purchase even though I had the measurements of the area to be covered. She also could not answer any questions about granite vs marble vs tile - advantages, disadvantages. I tried to ask my questions in a manner I thought were easy to understand. I then asked if there was someone else with whom she could consult and she told me to come back later when the regular staff person would be working. I left and purchased elsewhere.

Boonathavon is just about the worst of all of these places. They only have display items and very seldom have any stock.

I got that same impression . they want you to order what you want- probably to keep their overhead down.

It is really tough to find qualified help that knows anything about construction as I think most people working in the Hardware shops are only filling a job & have no idea of what a tape measure even looks like. Oh to have a real farang based shop!

Reasonable people know that service in thailand may not live up to western standards we might get in our home country, but Homeworks Pattaya has set new lows for bad service. For a place so highly staffed, with lots of English speakers around,in my opinion they are the worst possible store to do business with. when things are going well, they are fine. but god forbid something is wrong with your purchase, you can forget about getting any help.

your only recourse will be to dispute the charge with your credit card company back home. if you paid cash, you're out of luck. i'm not going to go into any detail of what they did, but i will never consider spending 1 baht in that store again, and i would strongly encourage others to think twice before going there.

i have to rate stores based on how they treat people under bad circumstances.

Homeworks Pattaya receives an F minus grade.

Boonthavorn seems to be the best in town but they don't carry everything.

If you're in doubt, I would suggest avoiding Homeworks pPattaya.

If you really want an eye opener Try kangyong hardware just outside of Pattaya. One English speaking man & if you let him go before you are done with everything your doomed. That & the Thai's do not seem to understand Thai or anything to do with basic construction. They (most of them wouldn't make it a half a day working at Macdonald's.

Boonthavorn I think is the best , a little pricey but to me worth the value.For bathroom & kitchen they are way better than the home pro-homeworks home mart shops. I inquired & they will order pretty much anything you want- you have to be explicit in explaining what you want. You can be sure of that.

I went to Boonathavon Monday to purchase granite for new counter tops. The sales woman was unable to answer any question in regards to how much granite I needed to purchase even though I had the measurements of the area to be covered. She also could not answer any questions about granite vs marble vs tile - advantages, disadvantages. I tried to ask my questions in a manner I thought were easy to understand. I then asked if there was someone else with whom she could consult and she told me to come back later when the regular staff person would be working. I left and purchased elsewhere.

When I want to buy granite counter tops I usually go to a granite counter top shop. How come you ended up in a homestore that clearly does not sell, stock or know anything about cutting and fitting granite.

I've found in Pattaya all the main stores are pretty much the same re farang customer service :

Farang complains about poor service/product :D ,

Staff really doesn't give shi'ite [eg. Farang "this is the last time I shop here!!!" ; Thai - like I'm bothered ? :o ]

Farang sees this and gets more frustrated :D

Thai enjoys seeing red-faced farang :D

repeat

Just don't lose your cool when there's a problem and things will go smoother. :D

RE SAFTEY WARNING - Homeworks offer free installation of showers, but you get what you pay for. So called qualified electrician (contractor) turned up to install electric shower, came with 2.5mm cable (should be 4mm) and didn't earth it. Nice little death trap - best check yours...

No wonder there's always more staff than customers.

too bad no one got the point that when things go well, homeworks was fine. but when things go wrong, you will quickly see what i mean. ...

blah, blah, blah...I fear what we have here is another one of those complaining farangs who move to Thailand and expect everything to be just like back home and cannot understand why a developing country with a capita income 1/10th where they came from can't be the same. Personally, I find most all types of retail shops provide fairly good service. This "newbie" will probably be posting daily about his frustrations in Pattaya...I wonder why these people ever move here?

THe O/P needs to get a dose of reality, in the uk it is normal for service/maintainance people not to make a firm appointment time, anywhere between 9 and 5 is the normal timespan, guess its much the same in other parts of the world too.

If you take the goods in without checking them before signing for them you are inviting trouble, there are as many dishonest clients as there are store keepers, if not more!

Changing the store without changing the attitude isnt going to help avoid these situations,

roy gsd

Have you never dealt with MFI ? That's the furniture mob,by the way, not an arm of the British Secret Service.

They operate in a similar fashion,but it all gets sorted in the end.

Just chill out,and look at the temperature and price of petrol etc. You will realise things are not so bad. :o

Do you know they came up with the name MFI?

It stands for MONEY FROM IDIOTS............... :D

Roy gsd

-"Dispute charges" does not mean "keep the merchandise and do not pay". I challenge you to provide documentation that your credit card agreement specifically states that you can do this.

The mechanism for disputing charges is for false charges, cancelled charges that did not go through, etc.

- Do you really believe that, anywhere in the world, signing a delivery acknowledgment means only that they delivered it, not that you accepted it? Accepted it means that you inspected it and all is right.

Perhaps if you had not been such an ass to them when you called them back they might have taken care of you better.

-"Dispute charges" does not mean "keep the merchandise and do not pay". I challenge you to provide documentation that your credit card agreement specifically states that you can do this.

The mechanism for disputing charges is for false charges, cancelled charges that did not go through, etc.

- Do you really believe that, anywhere in the world, signing a delivery acknowledgment means only that they delivered it, not that you accepted it? Accepted it means that you inspected it and all is right.

Perhaps if you had not been such an ass to them when you called them back they might have taken care of you better.

you know it all, dont cha! too bad you don't understand how my agreement works. generally the merchant is required to respond within x amount of days, like maybe 30 days. normally they dont even bother responding. so they get an automatic chargeback, my credit becomes permanent and my bank tells me i can either return, throw away or keep the defective merchandise, up to me. in the unlikely event the merchant does respond my credit card company will always side with me no matter what. they are not stupid like people that think they know everytning. i notify my credit card company that i attempted multiple times to contact them, and the merchant ignored me. that is a violation of their agreement with the credit card company.

the last time i disputed a charge was about two years ago at another thai home center, and i have a nice lamp to show for my efforts, all within the law. but it's a lamp i can't get the promised wattage replacemtn bulb for, but it still works nicely. they misled me, i keep the lamp and get my money back. all legal. sorry your credit card is not as good as mine.

and i know you'l hate knowing that i have an ever newer card debit/atm/credit that allows me to use any ATM in the world, with no ATM fees, any charges anywhere in the world, with no foreign conversion fees for any transactions, including cash advances, cash withdrawals at foreign ATMs. it's an invitation only card that i got. of course it has the same generous consumer protections that my other card has too. and it gives double points for any transaction except cash withdrawls in the fidelity program associated with the card. and it automatically comes with travel and luggage insurance for any transactions bought with the card.

i'm sure you're quite jealous and sad that you dont understnad how these things work and your card is inferior to mine. but even still you know it all.

and you show that you're clueless because when you sign for something, you're signing for delivery/ackhowledgement. like if a box comes by Airborne express/Fedex etc the delivery person doesnt see or wait around for you to open the box, assemble or set up what ever is delivered etc. you're out there.

you know it all, dont cha! too bad you don't understand how my agreement works. generally the merchant is required to respond within x amount of days, like maybe 30 days. normally they dont even bother responding. so they get an automatic chargeback, my credit becomes permanent and my bank tells me i can either return, throw away or keep the defective merchandise, up to me. in the unlikely event the merchant does respond my credit card company will always side with me no matter what. they are not stupid like people that think they know everytning. i notify my credit card company that i attempted multiple times to contact them, and the merchant ignored me. that is a violation of their agreement with the credit card company.

the last time i disputed a charge was about two years ago at another thai home center, and i have a nice lamp to show for my efforts, all within the law. but it's a lamp i can't get the promised wattage replacemtn bulb for, but it still works nicely. they misled me, i keep the lamp and get my money back. all legal. sorry your credit card is not as good as mine.

and i know you'l hate knowing that i have an ever newer card debit/atm/credit that allows me to use any ATM in the world, with no ATM fees, any charges anywhere in the world, with no foreign conversion fees for any transactions, including cash advances, cash withdrawals at foreign ATMs. it's an invitation only card that i got. of course it has the same generous consumer protections that my other card has too. and it gives double points for any transaction except cash withdrawls in the fidelity program associated with the card. and it automatically comes with travel and luggage insurance for any transactions bought with the card.

i'm sure you're quite jealous and sad that you dont understnad how these things work and your card is inferior to mine. but even still you know it all.

and you show that you're clueless because when you sign for something, you're signing for delivery/ackhowledgement. like if a box comes by Airborne express/Fedex etc the delivery person doesnt see or wait around for you to open the box, assemble or set up what ever is delivered etc. you're out there.

Jealous...of a dumbass who has no clue about how the real world works? Not likely...

BTW, where can I get one of these miracle credit cards? I cannot wait to get started acquiring goods without paying.

Signing for a box from FedEx is *not* the same as signing for a delivery from a retailer. Even so, if the box is obviously damaged, or you ask, the driver will wait while you inspect the contents.

and i know you'l hate knowing that i have an ever newer card debit/atm/credit that allows me to use any ATM in the world, with no ATM fees, any charges anywhere in the world, with no foreign conversion fees for any transactions, including cash advances, cash withdrawals at foreign ATMs. it's an invitation only card that i got.

Not sure if the mods got to my last reply or whether I cocked-up - so I shall have another go:-

If you use that magic card at a Siam Commercial ATM you will be eating your words. But perhaps you will be specially invited by the card provider to make a chargeback claim for the 20 Baht :o

(Note to mods -I am sure you cannot be accused of flaming if you use the "wanke_r" emoticon that is readily available on this site - chai mai ?)

Jealous...of a dumbass who has no clue about how the real world works? Not likely...

BTW, where can I get one of these miracle credit cards? I cannot wait to get started acquiring goods without paying.

Signing for a box from FedEx is *not* the same as signing for a delivery from a retailer. Even so, if the box is obviously damaged, or you ask, the driver will wait while you inspect the contents.

i'm a dumbass/? maybe i am but i know i must be smarter than you cause i have a better credit card. copanies signe agreements to accept credit/charge/debit cards. they have obligations to customers; why are you so jealous of me cause i know what my rights are? you probably can't get my card. i mentioned it was "by invitation" from a bank. even still if you have an inferior card, you still have some rights. sorry i dont understand "the real world" like you do.

Seems that this has deteriorated into a ""my specially invited credit card(Dick!) is bigger than your dick (bog standard platinum card)" rant.

Probably a good time to close - chai mai?

(For the record I have 17 credit cards, most gold and some various colours. I also have a mortgage and an overdraft that is probably bigger than the OP's but I don't go around making a <deleted> fuss about it)

i'm a dumbass/? maybe i am but i know i must be smarter than you cause i have a better credit card. copanies signe agreements to accept credit/charge/debit cards. they have obligations to customers; why are you so jealous of me cause i know what my rights are? you probably can't get my card. i mentioned it was "by invitation" from a bank. even still if you have an inferior card, you still have some rights. sorry i dont understand "the real world" like you do.

Ohhhhh...I missed the part about the card being 'by invitation'.

Just like the half-dozen that were in my last month's mail FedEx from USA.

That is my last word in this one, Chaimai

laew bpai

What you don't understand is that if you keep behaving like this in a place like "patters" you soon end up "within your rights" on a 50 foot drop from your condo balcony :o:D

Now for some music :D:D:D

Dumbass or not; it is a shame that you can't punctuate or spell.