Traveling With Non-im. B Visa

I am an American living in Thailand this year, and I have a 1-year multiple entry Non-Immigrant B visa, which doesn't expire until March of '09. (I'm teaching at a university here.) I am going to Indonesia this week on vacation. It's a last-minute trip, and I was just wondering if I need to be concerned about traveling outside of Thailand while I'm here on this type of visa. Someone told me that if I travel outside of Thailand without buying some sort of re-entry permit, then my visa will be reset to a tourist visa when I re-enter the country. Is this true?

Also, separate question, what are the requirements for me to enter Indonesia for 6 days as a tourist? I've looked around online, and I've found a lot of disparity in what's required. For example, one site says just, "Most nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival for a fee of US$10 for seven days." Another one lists half a dozen requirements including "Valid green card or US visa." Yet another says two passport photos are required along with "Completed Cover Page and Credit Card Authorization forms, copy of most recent bank statement required, letter from employer verifying employment or leave of absence, and letter explaining purpose of trip to Indonesia." I'm confused and don't know what to expect. Can you help clear this up?

Thanks.

Angela

As an amariucan you can get a visa on arrival for Indonesia and do not need to apply for it in advance. Your 6 day visit wqill cost $10.

http://www.kbri-bangkok.com/tourism/travel_info_01.html

As for your Thai non-immigrant visa, you state that you have a multiple non-immigrant. On a multiple non-immigrant you need to leave the country after a maximum of 90 days and when returning can get another 90 days, so a re-entry permit would not be necessary.

Do you leave the country every 90 days, or do you report your adress every 90 days? In the first case you have a multiple entry, in the second case you will need to have a re-entry permit to comeback to Thailand on your visa.

I am an American living in Thailand this year, and I have a 1-year multiple entry Non-Immigrant B visa, which doesn't expire until March of '09. (I'm teaching at a university here.) I am going to Indonesia this week on vacation. It's a last-minute trip, and I was just wondering if I need to be concerned about traveling outside of Thailand while I'm here on this type of visa. Someone told me that if I travel outside of Thailand without buying some sort of re-entry permit, then my visa will be reset to a tourist visa when I re-enter the country. Is this true?

Also, separate question, what are the requirements for me to enter Indonesia for 6 days as a tourist? I've looked around online, and I've found a lot of disparity in what's required. For example, one site says just, "Most nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival for a fee of US$10 for seven days." Another one lists half a dozen requirements including "Valid green card or US visa." Yet another says two passport photos are required along with "Completed Cover Page and Credit Card Authorization forms, copy of most recent bank statement required, letter from employer verifying employment or leave of absence, and letter explaining purpose of trip to Indonesia." I'm confused and don't know what to expect. Can you help clear this up?

Thanks.

Angela

Just to clarify:

1) If you have a one year multiple entry non immigrant B visa, then you must make a border run every 90 days or less. In this situation you will get a new non B 90 day stamp when you re-enter Thailand, provided you return before the 'enter before ' date on you visa. Your work permit's permission also has to be extended every 90 days, as it is synchronised with your visa stamp. So please remember that when you get a new 90 day stamp, you will then have to get your work permit renewed to your new 90 day exit date.

2) If you are an 'Extension of Permission to Stay' (so called visa extension) where you report your address to local immigration every 90 days, then you will require a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay alive.

Just to clarify:

1) If you have a one year multiple entry non immigrant B visa, then you must make a border run every 90 days or less. In this situation you will get a new non B 90 day stamp when you re-enter Thailand, provided you return before the 'enter before ' date on you visa. Your work permit's permission also has to be extended every 90 days, as it is synchronised with your visa stamp. So please remember that when you get a new 90 day stamp, you will then have to get your work permit renewed to your new 90 day exit date.

2) If you are an 'Extension of Permission to Stay' (so called visa extension) where you report your address to local immigration every 90 days, then you will require a re-entry permit to keep your extension of stay alive.

It is a one year multiple entry non immigrant B visa, and at the first 90-day mark (June 16) I went to Mae Sai and did the border crossing into Myanmar. Upon re-entering Thailand, I got a 90-day permission to stay stamp. Will there be a problem that I'm leaving the country again before my current 90-day stamp expires? Or will they just give me a new one and re-set the 90-day clock to when I come back from Bali?

My work permit has an expiration date of December 31, 2008. I will be returning to the U.S. on December 24.

Doesn't say you need them, so probably no. Normaly a visa on arrival is just a stamp.

For your Thai visa they will just give you a 90 days when you return and reset the clock. No need for re-entry permit.

Thank you for the clarification!