Top Ten Farang Chick Hang-out Spots - Bkk

louthlincs

for myself and any other residents in bkk who are tired of paying up to fix a tractor, buy new goats, chickens, or mobile phones, could someone (female) do us a favour and give us a top ten of the favourite farang chick hang-out spots..

obviously khao sarn, but with so many transient hippies, it's hard to pick who's coming and who's going.. maybe you could wear special t-shirts or something.. come on girls.. sort it out.. make yourselves visible..

cheers..

for myself and any other residents in bkk who are tired of paying up to fix a tractor, buy new goats, chickens, or mobile phones, could someone (female) do us a favour and give us a top ten of the favourite farang chick hang-out spots..

obviously khao sarn, but with so many transient hippies, it's hard to pick who's coming and who's going.. maybe you could wear special t-shirts or something.. come on girls.. sort it out.. make yourselves visible..

cheers..

I've heard the disco at the Novotel Sukumvit has a bunch of Russian chicks.

Adhere the 13th Blues Bar in Banglamphu is my favourite hang out in BKK. You can go and your own, sit at the bar and end up meeting the most amazing people whilst listening to Georgie belting the blues. I miss it...

google it for directions - it's a little tricky to find first time.

ps - stick a pic up, this is the place to meet expat girls!!!

i agree, i go to adhere the 13th often too. also there are a couple of places on pra athit road where there is a good mix of thais and long term farang girls. and dong dae moon bar on soi rambuttri attracts a lot of english teachers, though the thais there (and all over the khao san road area really) can be sketchy.

and dong dae moon bar on soi rambuttri attracts a lot of english teachers, though the thais there (and all over the khao san road area really) can be sketchy.

The farang girls can be a bit sketchy too, If this post gets deleted then the above has to also!

Its seems a farang lady can say anything here when a farang guy cant?

i am not saying ALL thais on khao san road are sketchy, but a good number of them are, and that is a fact. a guy who worked (or maybe just hung around) at the bar i mentioned was just beaten to death in a fight in that area a week or so ago, for example.

Edited by girlx

i am not saying ALL thais on khao san road are sketchy, but a good number of them are, and that is a fact. a guy who worked (or maybe just hung around) at the bar i mentioned was just beaten to death in a fight in that area a week or so ago, for example.

Well a fight can happen anywhere, Just because the poor guy was beaten to death doesnt mean it happens all the time there. There are fights all over the place in the UK through bing drinking or whatever they call it, Does that mean you dont recommend to go out in the UK cus the british are sketchy?

Cmon im tired of thai bashing, when farang girl bashing seems to get sorted straight away.

Mods please keep an eye more closely on the topics.

oes that mean you dont recommend to go out in the UK cus the british are sketchy?

not at all, but i would dissuade people from going out to areas that i knew of that had a lot of violent episodes, because some brits in that area might be sketchier than in others.

Adhere the 13th Blues Bar in Banglamphu is my favourite hang out in BKK. You can go and your own, sit at the bar and end up meeting the most amazing people whilst listening to Georgie belting the blues. I miss it...

google it for directions - it's a little tricky to find first time.

ps - stick a pic up, this is the place to meet expat girls!!!

Why can't you just tell us how to get there?

I know Georgia is hot. I saw them on 4th of July a couple years ago. Best Blues band in BKK for sure. I have heard the place is tiny.

it's on samsen around soi 3- from khao san road walk right from the police station and continue down a few blocks, cross the bridge, adhere is on the left.

Cmon im tired of thai bashing, when farang girl bashing seems to get sorted straight away.

Mods please keep an eye more closely on the topics.

Monkeyhouse, we do watch out for all posts that border on breaking forum rules, and violations of the rules are treated on same basis, be it for women bashing (thai or foreign), or for thai bashing, or any other posts that violate forum rules.

having said that I must say I dont see GIRLX post above as being about bashing thais at all (do note that Im Thai, so if anyone is going to come to the defense of thai people you can be sure I will be one of the first).

now lets get back on topic.

thanks

the blues bar near Khaosarn is good. Witch's Tavern is good. do people still go to bed supperclub and Qbar? or have they suddenly become 'out'?

ohh and Khoi (sp?) in Sukhumvit 20?

oh wow! i didn't realize we had thai moderators! are there any others on here?

Miggie is our first woman Thai moderator and I have to say welcome to her--Boo and I are both extremely happy to have her here :o

awww you didnt like my list?

Bed

Qbar

Khoi

also maybe the winebar at Sofitel Hotel in Silom...I think its called V9 or something like that?

but then again Ive been away for 7months, things might have changed :o

awww you didnt like my list?

Bed

Qbar

Khoi

also maybe the winebar at Sofitel Hotel in Silom...I think its called V9 or something like that?

but then again Ive been away for 7months, things might have changed :o

All great places (apart from model nights - bleurgh!) but not exactly easy on the wallet...

ohhh really

someone I knew said she and a group of girlfriends went there and liked it, so i thought it might have caught on.

maybe not then :D

(I like the easter european accent though...I think? ...isnt that the Bond girl in one of the Pearce Brosnan Bond movies? or was that former Russian?)

easy on the wallet....hmmmm

not many farang girls go there, but maybe you girls need to change it

theres a place called Tuba in Sukhumvit 63. its a bar/restaurant and 50's furniture shop combined into one (for those that know the 50s Cafe in Soi Chamchand of Sukhumvit 63, its in the same area, and on the same concept, but has now become more popular than the original version).

was my favorite hangout. (I even get special discount for being such a regular :o)

check it out if you havent already been. its great for drinks and chit chat in a relaxed atmosphere. they also have a pool table, gets local crowds, often some thai soap stars (who are friends with the owner)

I give it the thumbs up :D

Ah, Silom/Sathorn is my area. V9 is great for a girls night out, although pricey. The Irish pub on Convent is more casual but a nice mix of young and - ahem - more mature people! Lots of groups out having fun there. Coyote's girls night can be good and they have 2-for-1 margaritas from 5-7pm at their Convent Rd place, which makes it pretty popular for a post-work-pre-dinner drink. Tawan Daeng German Beer Hall on Narathiwat is the place my Thai and farang female workmates head to as a group at least once a month.

oh wow! i didn't realize we had thai moderators! are there any others on here?

Miggie is our first woman Thai moderator and I have to say welcome to her--Boo and I are both extremely happy to have her here :D

On topic? :o

I think there are very few places from my experience (but that has been a few years ago) where farang women hang out on a regular basis. But then again I have been wrong before?

Vertigo (Banyan Tree) and Soroco (State Tower) great for the start of a girl's night out but too expensive to stay all night!

Silom Soi 4 is popular with my friends but only on rare occasions for me.

Coyotes Soi Convent has ladies nights on Wednesdays and Sukhumvit Coyotes have them on Thursdays.

Speaking as a guy, Tokyo Joe's is a great venue for live blues and R&B, but I've never yet seen solo women or groups of women there in the evenings...though the atmosphere would be fine for that. Farangs are the majority of the crowd there, every time I've been by... It's a very easygoing and comfortable place, and not a pickup joint...

Re the Japanese place, I believe you mean Koi on Sukhumvit Soi 20... Web site is here....

Out in the Ekamai area, on Soi 21, since Tuba was mentioned, there's also a very nice place called Y50 that I just recently reviewed on TV, under a thread about BKK bars... It's upstairs in an antique shop setting, good live music by a Thai band, very comfortable and cozy place... Have seen groups of ladies there... though mostly of the Thai variety... Best to have some Thais in your party...

does anyone know of other ladies' nights other than coyote's? i posted to ask on the bangkok branch but am not getting much response there...

I think that 87 Plus in Conrad hotel had a ladies night on Thursday, am not sure if it is still on or not.