Rate To Hire Backhoe In Buriram Province

kamalabob2

We have a good local construction crew who just started building our driveway in Amphur Satuk near the Moon River. Have any Thai Visa Members in Buriram hired a backhoe tractor with perhaps a front loading bucket? If so what were the rates and can you recommend any particular tractor operator/owner? A small job to excavate about 150 square meters, about 40 cm deep and load the extra dirt onto a family dump truck. Thanks in advance for any information on backhoe rates and availability in Buriram.

I was concerned yesterday about a price my Brother in Law quoted for a "backhoe" to come to our property. This morning I begrudgingly agreed to the price quote for a backhoe owner since we have deliveries of materials and sub contractors from Neo House on a tight schedule for our driveway. Well what the Thai people commonly call a "backhoe" is in fact a "Hydraulic Excavator". It was well worth the money today to have a proper driveway slope and depth dug by the Thai Komatsu Owner who has a "Farang Wife". I'd guess an English wife by the stickers on his Honda Jazz. His operator did not kill any barefoot workers, hit the electric fence or crash into the roof. All in all a good day considering I was awoken at 6a.m. to take part in the Spirit House ceremony. This was suppose to be a 9a.m. ceremony, since when are Thai people so EARLY!!! Most of the Issan based Thai Visa Forum members have seen a pig head or three, but I could not resist the photo opportunity. My wife has agreed that "model numbers" for any product will be given so we can compare in the future. And to think our pool was dug by hand, when such a machine is readily available from a village near Satuk.

post-20604-1217416338_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1217416359_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1217416398_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1217416416_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1217416474_thumb.jpg

I was concerned yesterday about a price my Brother in Law quoted for a "backhoe" to come to our property. This morning I begrudgingly agreed to the price quote for a backhoe owner since we have deliveries of materials and sub contractors from Neo House on a tight schedule for our driveway. Well what the Thai people commonly call a "backhoe" is in fact a "Hydraulic Excavator". It was well worth the money today to have a proper driveway slope and depth dug by the Thai Komatsu Owner who has a "Farang Wife". I'd guess an English wife by the stickers on his Honda Jazz. His operator did not kill any barefoot workers, hit the electric fence or crash into the roof. All in all a good day considering I was awoken at 6a.m. to take part in the Spirit House ceremony. This was suppose to be a 9a.m. ceremony, since when are Thai people so EARLY!!! Most of the Issan based Thai Visa Forum members have seen a pig head or three, but I could not resist the photo opportunity. My wife has agreed that "model numbers" for any product will be given so we can compare in the future. And to think our pool was dug by hand, when such a machine is readily available from a village near Satuk.

Hi

Now that looks a particularly delicious pigs head! What I have never been able to get to the bottom of is what happens to them after they have been in the sun for a few hours acting as a playground to flies! :o

TBWG :D

Hi

Now that looks a particularly delicious pigs head! What I have never been able to get to the bottom of is what happens to them after they have been in the sun for a few hours acting as a playground to flies! :D

TBWG :(

I think they wait till they are really rotten, then chuck them over the next door neighbours wall, usually! :o:D:D:D

Dave

Hi

Now that looks a particularly delicious pigs head! What I have never been able to get to the bottom of is what happens to them after they have been in the sun for a few hours acting as a playground to flies! :D

TBWG :D

I think they wait till they are really rotten, then chuck them over the next door neighbours wall, usually! :D:D:D:(

Dave

Who then pops it in the post to a mate in Surin! :o

TBWG :P

about 30Bt per cubic metre for small jobs. Could be 3,000-5,000 a day for larger jobs and may or may not include fuel. About 100,000Bt a month for longer jobs. These are Kabin Buri prices. Trucks, graders or tractors are extra.

Am interested in what it ,ight cost elsewhere.

We have a good local construction crew who just started building our driveway in Amphur Satuk near the Moon River. Have any Thai Visa Members in Buriram hired a backhoe tractor with perhaps a front loading bucket? If so what were the rates and can you recommend any particular tractor operator/owner? A small job to excavate about 150 square meters, about 40 cm deep and load the extra dirt onto a family dump truck. Thanks in advance for any information on backhoe rates and availability in Buriram.

We are a bit further North East of you but over the weekend we hade a 1.25 rai house site cleared, graded and flattened by two tractor units for 3,200 and it took them a day and a half to do it and a further 120 trucks of back fill cost 22,000.

Joncl that sounds like a terrific price, depending on the type of tractors you hired. That Komatsu Hydraulic Excavator cost me 6000 baht and it worked at our property for about 4 hours. This being Thailand it was here longer, but the operator of course took a lunch break. Perhaps other Thai Visa members in the Buriram area have hired similar machines for less. I frankly did not have the chance to check around and was discouraged as the first "Back Hoe" operator/owner who quoted 1500 baht never appeared the day before. Concrete Block driveway and sidewalks with a slope, but no drainage pipes underneath have taken some time. We obtained three bids to install the driveway and sidewalk with concrete and steel mesh under the blocks. Prices ranged from 110 baht to 360 baht per square meter for labor. The highest price did NOT include the CPAC sub contractor installing concrete under the compacted sand. We have been very happy with the construction crew sent from near Surin by Neo House in Korat. This staff did remove soil, install proper concrete forms, steel mesh, pour concrete and had a good selection of tools.

post-20604-1218618896_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1218618950_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1218619013_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1218619049_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1218619078_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1218619125_thumb.jpg

Joncl that sounds like a terrific price, depending on the type of tractors you hired. That Komatsu Hydraulic Excavator cost me 6000 baht and it worked at our property for about 4 hours. This being Thailand it was here longer, but the operator of course took a lunch break. Perhaps other Thai Visa members in the Buriram area have hired similar machines for less. I frankly did not have the chance to check around and was discouraged as the first "Back Hoe" operator/owner who quoted 1500 baht never appeared the day before. Concrete Block driveway and sidewalks with a slope, but no drainage pipes underneath have taken some time. We obtained three bids to install the driveway and sidewalk with concrete and steel mesh under the blocks. Prices ranged from 110 baht to 360 baht per square meter for labor. The highest price did NOT include the CPAC sub contractor installing concrete under the compacted sand. We have been very happy with the construction crew sent from near Surin by Neo House in Korat. This staff did remove soil, install proper concrete forms, steel mesh, pour concrete and had a good selection of tools.

Hi,

Nice picture's the one in the top left hand of the screen one in particular!

Next time have a word with Somchai and explain that it is better to push rather than pull a wheel barrow full of concrete

along a plank....... :o:D

roy gsd

Hi,

Nice picture's the one in the top left hand of the screen one in particular!

Next time have a word with Somchai and explain that it is better to push rather than pull a wheel barrow full of concrete

along a plank....... :o:D

roy gsd

:D:D:D

Good 'un Roy

In our area they want to work by the hour. About 1,400 baht per hour. If they get the job they bring in a little piece of crap worn out Komatsu. If they are forced to bid a job, they have a much larger excavator that gets done quickly.