Visa Run Three Pagodas Pass Mid November

Going on a visa run west to Burma, at Three Pagodas Pass in a day or two, does anyone know if its still open....also anyone know if they are checking for cash 20k on the thai re-entry, I have a multi entry 1 year non im b visa.......thanks ps anyone have any problems in this area in the past?? all safe now with bandits etc???

Well done Gazza, you are SPOT ON!

Three Pagodas/Sangkhlaburi has never been an official checkpoint for entering Thailand, it is however a legal entry point into Burma - figure THAT one out!

I am an expat living in Kanchan. and regularly ask the immigration chaps here about the possibility of opening this up as an official checkpoint. The general opinion is that it won't happen any time soon!

So don't waste your time going for a new stamp. Makes a nice day out though!

Hey everyone thanks for the info well i left before i saw all you replies so a wasted trip regards stamp....a quiet little place though, stayed at p guest house on lake shore, overlooking a temple and mon village, only 200 baht.oh well off to cambodia in the morning for the stamp, i hope i can get the cambodian visa at the border as i dont have one and dont want to make three trips......... :o

ps the thia immi guy in town said they were ready to make it a proper crossing but it was the burmese who did not want them to encourage tourists to the area as border area still unsafe.....felt fine to me though......