Everybody Else Does It

billd766

Today I have been a member for 1 year and in that time I have only managed to complete 88 posts.

Am I a slow poster or is it that I read a lot of the posts and only post on things that seem interesting.. :o

...yes, get posting!!

You would appear to be a reserved poster, which is a breath of fresh air around here, billd766.

Congratulations, you get the ThaiVisa "reserved poster of the year" award, I'm sure George will give you your prize shortly (a empty bottle of Chang)

:o

Today I have been a member for 1 year and in that time I have only managed to complete 88 posts.

Am I a slow poster or is it that I read a lot of the posts and only post on things that seem interesting.. :o

Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't be like many that fall into the 'I gotta reach 500/1000 posts' trap.

The post quantity doesn't reflect how much you know about Thailand or life itself....it's what you have to say that really counts.

Hey, dont feel bad. I am right there along side you. Been a member for almost 2 years now and am only in the 300 range with posts. As I stated before, I dont post just for the sake of my numbers. Only write when I feel I have something new or worthwhile to add to a thread. It is a breath of fresh air actually. Congratulations on being reserved!

hold on a minute!

1.5 years and only 74 posts from me (including this one).

its been a carefully planned and a painstaking campaign to restrain myself all this time and your summary and non-scientific approach to awarding the reserved poster award is not appreciated.

i demand a revote. :D

Ouch!? 

mmm, that reminds me of a cartoon with the man standing looking over a fence and the sign said "Careful #@$ sniffing dog". Of course the dog is doing what is expected.

Explorer, where you meaning that the award for IamMaiC was something like that ???

Can't help wondering myself.....

No he gets a different Award.

Award for "Most Incontinent Poster of the Decade"?

Don't mind the Iammaic posts to be honest as I never read the text anymore and just oggle the tart. :D

Because I have such good taste in Women!!!! :D

Tongue-in-cheek when I wrote that...not having a go, keep posting :D

Without all us rubbish producers, you cats wouldn't have much to read, now would you? :o

Do you mind if I reserve my comment??

Prizes can only be given for quality, not quantity, so why did you start this thread?

I started the thread for 3 reasons.

1 Everybody else seems to do it.

2 I seemed like a good idea at the time.

3 I wanted to see what the responses were like.

I started the thread for 3 reasons.

1  Everybody else seems to do it.

2  I seemed like a good idea at the time.

3  I wanted to see what the responses were like.

I am slightly disappointed that you have had to resort to such a post billd766 as your normal posts are usually very thoughtful and informative, but I understand that the temptation must have been very strong, given that the other posters of "Please congratulate me for posting X hundred posts of sheer drivel" topics have been getting congratulations from people that I thought should have known better. All I can do is hit the "ignore user" button - but not for you, billd766. Not yet :o

given that the other posters of "Please congratulate me for posting X hundred posts of sheer drivel" topics have been getting congratulations from people that I thought should have known better.

Right RDN, like watching internet paint dry.

Nothing to see here, move along.

By the way, congrats on post number 1,336 :o

Time to talk to my lawyers. I have not received any empty bottles, olive branch nor anything else for my contributions unequalled in quality to quantity ratio on this site.

Ahhh....... the quality to quantity ratio, this should never be used in assesing a member, as it unfairly favours the people who dont post much, i.e if you posted 1 post that was very good you would have 100%.

Where as if 90% of stolls posts were good with only 10% rubbish that still makes more then 150 rubish posts(more than enough for a banning :D ), but still not a patch on IamMaiC with 2000+ and struggling to hit 10% of any value. :D

Therefor statisticaly I think all posters over 1000 should be banned for exessive posting of rubbish :D:o