How Can I Import An Honda 125 To Usa?

mitebbots

I don't know about legitimate ways to do this but I'm reasonably sure that if you dissassembled the bike and put the pieces into two different boxes and sent the two boxes on two different shipments then you could import two boxes of bike parts and reassemble these parts in the US. Don't know about licensing though. I'm reasonably sure that you would have two types of issues to deal with, safety equipment and emissions equipment. But I don't really know for sure. I just like to think of ways to bend the rules to be able to accomplish things that others think can't be done!!!

Well, you want to break it down into smaller pieces than just two boxes. The engine is the hard part, if there are even remotely enough pieces to reassemble a non certified vehicle engine the box will go into the crusher at Long Beach.

If you can break it down enough to sneak it past customs, once reassembled, the motorcycle can never ever be ridden on the street in California. The fines and possible jail time in California would truly scare any rational person. You can have a great time around the yard and on your driveway though. Would be a very cool porch planter as well.

As for the other 49, for a mere few hundred thousand dollars you could spend a few years working with the EPA and DOT to get 49 state approval. If your 125 is a two stroke though, you can just hang it up. The two stokes have no chance of EPA emissions compliance and I doubt that you would qualify for an exemption.

Enjoy it while your here!!!

I posted this exact question a few weeks ago. Didn't get too much help. I found a website, Asia Trading Post ONLINE. I sent them an email asking if it would be possible to send one to California. Here is their response:

Hi,

Yes california is hard but we have a VFR in San Francisco and waiting

the verdict. Our bikes  are clean on emmissions and calif

is the worst place of the USA.

No worries in New York.

Regards

Tama.

So it seems they are trying to make it possible. I would really love to get a Honda Wave 123cc here. I would use it as my primary source of transportation. The money I would save on gasoline would easily pay it off, probably in less than a year!

You might want to make sure you dont pay for any export service until the bike is properly registered and legal in the US. Just tell them that you will cut the cash loose when your friends at the Department of Motor vehicles gladly title and license your pocket rocket.

They also make great door stops on those windy days.

Good luck and keep us updated will you?

Do they have bikes like the one you want for sale already in Calif? If so what is the price difference compared to Thailand. In Washington State you mostly see the really small bikes (50cc range) or much bigger ones (500cc and up) but not many of the mid range like you are describing. I alway thought that they were available but not popular...maybe they're not available?

Do they have bikes like the one you want for sale already in Calif?  If so what is the price difference compared to Thailand.  In Washington State you mostly see the really small bikes (50cc range) or much bigger ones (500cc and up) but not many of the mid range like you are describing.  I alway thought that they were available but not popular...maybe they're not available?

I've looked around and like you discovered 50cc and 250cc, but nothing in between. Also the prices for a 50cc are higher than 125cc in Thailand. And the 250cc are really expensive (> $5000).