Wanted: Whippet Pup

• 3 years later...

Three years later... and still looking.

Any developments in the whippet market?

Hi, not sure if you would be interested in a greyhound instead. A friend of mine's bitch is about to whelp (next wee). Italian male and Australian bitch. They live in Pattaya.

As far as whippets: the situation has not changed: still k Neung in Ladprao: White Crane Group (Thailand) Tel: 66(0)2214-1125, 66(0)2215-9599

Thank you both.

Is the male greyhound and Italian Greyhound or a full size greyhound from Italy?

Wife is not so keen on a big dog. But since we are in Pattaya I would be interested to take a look. Please pass on contact details.

gb

One of my wife's friends from work for sure had whippets, but I can't say 100% what the situation is at the moment. When she gets back from the office tonite I will try to find out for you one way or the other. I tend to side with your wife on the greyhound,can be a big dog and without a good few miles exercise every day can quickly go off the rails.

I have a championship quality (UK) male whippet - so if you can find a similar quality female I'm sure you could get a pup.

My male is about 6 years old, honey gold and the perfect pet :) - which is why I too, would love a puppy from him.

Thank you both.

Is the male greyhound and Italian Greyhound or a full size greyhound from Italy?

Wife is not so keen on a big dog. But since we are in Pattaya I would be interested to take a look. Please pass on contact details.

gb

One of my wife's friends from work for sure had whippets, but I can't say 100% what the situation is at the moment. When she gets back from the office tonite I will try to find out for you one way or the other. I tend to side with your wife on the greyhound,can be a big dog and without a good few miles exercise every day can quickly go off the rails.

Can't make contact at the moment, probably flood related will try again when things clear up a bit

I know it is not the same, but some of those small brown dogs here I think are a bit like whippets. I have one and when he runs, very fast too I might add, he looks exactly like a whippet IMO.

308321_224110934318789_100001596524513_640411_1292370847_n.jpg

301570_224110727652143_100001596524513_640406_980863537_n-2.jpg

297764_224111257652090_100001596524513_640419_895466986_n.jpg

Lovely dogs no doubt - but nothing like a whippet in appearance and, I suspect, temperament!

Please don't misunderstand me as I have 3 rescued soi dogs that I love dearly - but whippets are a breed entirely different to other dogs.

Edit - 1) a whippet's head looks more like a deer than a dog 2) they have v long, fragile looking legs. In fact they look generally 'fragile' and in many ways are - mainly though in their temperament.

Re-reading the OP's posts though - I would NEVER allow any pup from my dog to go to someone who was just looking for a small (and presumably, cute) dog.... Anybody with those requirements will tire quickly of any dog and never really establish a relationship with them.

Edited by F1fanatic

Re-reading the OP's posts though - I would NEVER allow any pup from my dog to go to someone who was just looking for a small (and presumably, cute) dog.... Anybody with those requirements will tire quickly of any dog and never really establish a relationship with them.

Three years is a long time to be "just looking for a small (and presumably, cute) dog". Perhaps the OP actually wants a whippet.

Thank you both.

gb

And must be muzzled when exercising. Lovely temperament, except around small dogs and of course, your neighbours' cats.

Edited by evanson

• 3 months later...

Hi, not sure if you would be interested in a greyhound instead. A friend of mine's bitch is about to whelp (next wee). Italian male and Australian bitch. They live in Pattaya.

As far as whippets: the situation has not changed: still k Neung in Ladprao: White Crane Group (Thailand) Tel: 66(0)2214-1125, 66(0)2215-9599

Several months later, and I am happy to report the addition of Fang to the family. Thanks for the recommendation.

post-15930-0-01993300-1329809805_thumb.j

Several months later, and I am happy to report the addition of Fang to the family. Thanks for the recommendation.

A beautiful dog and I'm v happy for you smile.png .

Glad to see you have gound a "big" whippet. My friend has just taken his sister. I picked her up in Pattaya and brought her to Bangkok: never made a sound and slept on the back seat with my whippet. Very well behaved....for the moment!

1 more male left. for a forever special home.