Water Sports Arond Loy Krathong Time

orang37

Hi,

I have two friends coming over around Loy Krathong time with their nine year old boy; they love outdoor water-related sports like rafting and kayaking, trekking, etc. They are very down-to-earth folks that love nature.

As a long-time (and much older) expat my water-related activities in recent years have involved mainly eating fish by the Ping, Kok, and Mekong :o

I've already planned to take them on a day trip to Chiang Dao (possibly even further north to Doi Angklang and to visit the remarkable Tup Thao cave and Wat near Fang).

I've heard good things about the Chiang Dao Nest resort, and recommended that place for them to consider for an out-of-town stay after a few days of the magic of Loy Krathong, also recommended they consider the "old classic" of the raft trip from Thatorn to Chiang Rai.

If any of you have recently stayed at Chiang Dao Nest, or taken that raft trip in the last year or two in November, I'd appreciate any comments.

And if anyone has any ideas on rafting, kayaking, etc. in Lanna, would appreciate maak maak.

thanks, ~o:37