If It's Tuesday Then It's

cloudhopper

I went to Miguels today, for the first time since Mike owned it. I had a fish taco and a beef taco. the fish was very good, though very little of it, surrounded by the hard white center of a lettuce head and 2 decent (but chilled) tortillas. The steak taco had the poorest quality beef I have yet eaten in Thailand. I was looking for "carne asada" which Mike had and it wasn't on offer. It's very easy to make and would have made that awful beef taste better. the salsa was "ok", but weak in body and not too spicy. After all the raves I was really looking to be blown away. Not even close to a real Mexican or Cal/Mex experience .

This is the first time a UG recommendation has ever let me down. I think he's been here so long he's forgotten what it's supposed to taste like. Oh well, maybe I'll try the Dukes. Still haven't eaten there yet.

Edited by lannarebirth

I'm pretty sure that Mike changed over to ground beef when he was still there. I tend to think that beef in LOS will always be lousy, so I try to order something else.

I almost always get a chicken burrito with 1/2 refried beans, 1/2 mexican rice with guac. and sour cream. Give it a try!

Edited by Ulysses G.

The ground beef is fine with me, but I have never had a steak or fajita. Ground beef today in a big soft taco. Ground beef in a great sloppy joe last week. Ground beef in the enchiladas. Only ground beef that disappointed me at Miguel's was the hamburger, so I will stick to Mexican food at Miguel's, along with Sloppy Joe.

It is not Mexican Mexican. It is not exactly Tex-Mex, but close. It is Cal-Mex, I guess.