Family Cert. & Tabien Baan(house Reg,)

I was told by an elderly Thai female colleague that her son-in-law(European) has managed to get a Family Certificate(he has Thai kids)(similar to the blue House Registration one, but yellow).

She says he can get a residency permit, maybe without paying, after 2 years of having this. I have never heard of this!

He doesn't need to show any money when renewing his visa!

I was told by an elderly Thai female colleague that her son-in-law(European) has managed to get a Family Certificate(he has Thai kids)(similar to the blue House Registration one, but yellow).

She says he can get a residency permit, maybe without paying, after 2 years of having this. I have never heard of this!

He doesn't need to show any money when renewing his visa!

With respect, I sincerely doubt that. As far as I know, there's zilch in the rules that even have any give.

That was my original thought Doc, and you know how information changes when changing hands, especially when her son-in-law doesn't speak any Thai and she only a little English.

However, she is pretty high up in govt dep, and should know her stuff. Maybe her status has some bearing on the fact that her son-in-law got something we cannot. I will look into it, and would be interested to here if anyone on this forum knows anything about it.

That was my original thought Doc, and you know how information changes when changing hands, especially when her son-in-law doesn't speak any Thai and she only a little English.

However, she is pretty high up in govt dep, and should know her stuff. Maybe her status has some bearing on the fact that her son-in-law got something we cannot. I will look into it, and would be interested to here if anyone on this forum knows anything about it.

It sounds pretty iffy even with a bureaucrat on side. Let us know what you learn. TIT :D and the rules are that there are no rules :o

yep, the yellow tabien baan comes with condo ownership.

another possibility: he paid thousands of dollars to get an elite card

http://www.thailandelite.com/

that card offers free visa for five years and you enjoy certain house ownership priviledges (but only with houses owned by a certain company ... even in thailand there's no such thing as a free lunch)

dont believe the info of your elderly female colleague - well, if he may have invested 100 mio baht, who knows what ways there are. but then he'd talk about it differently.

yep, the yellow tabien baan comes with condo ownership.

another possibility: he paid thousands of dollars to get an elite card

http://www.thailandelite.com/

that card offers free visa for five years and you enjoy certain house ownership priviledges (but only with houses owned by a certain company ... even in thailand there's no such thing as a free lunch)

dont believe the info of your elderly female colleague - well, if he may have invested 100 mio baht, who knows what ways there are. but then he'd talk about it differently.

He's been done over big time if he 'snapped up ' a discredited Thailand elite card

Isn't there a type of PR you can get for investment purposes, and the value of your condo can be used to fulfil investment requirement (assuming the value of your condo is high enough, obviously)? Perhaps that's what Neeranam's contact is referring to.

I believe the Tabien Baan for foreign owned condo is yellow if memory serves me.  And believe in the past there were methods of obtaining PR with investments.  So perhaps it is part of that?

I bought a condo 2 years ago and was handed with the deeds 2 blue house books (one for each unit ) is this what is called Tabien Baan

Will having a blue book cause me any problems in the future as I am a British.

Thanks

:o:D:D:D

It is pronounced Tarmbiarn Baarn.

Depends on which part of the country you reside.

In North East the R sound is not pronounced in either word and the baarn would be pronounced something between a cockney "ban" and "bun".

on the cover of the blue book it says:

สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน

สำเนา [sum-now]

n. copy,rough copy,duplicate

ทะเบียนบ้าน []

n. census registration

meaning:

Copy of house registration

Tabien Bahn or Tabien Baan

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

We're getting a bit off topic but i cant see how it can be Tambien or any variation thereof if ทะเบียน is what is wrote on the cover there is no "m" sound ทะ =ta and เบีน = bien, you/d have to throw a ม (mor mar) into the mix to get tambien........just my humble opinion anyways. Sorry cant help with the main topic. :o

We're getting a bit off topic but i cant see how it can be Tambien or any variation thereof if ทะเบียน is what is wrote on the cover there is no "m" sound ทะ =ta and เบีน = bien, you/d have to throw a ม (mor mar) into the mix to get tambien........just my humble opinion anyways. Sorry cant help with the main topic. 

I agree - ta bian bahn

• 1 month later...

No such Thai word as "tambien" might be thinking of the Spanish for "also". :o

Now back to my my question, isn't there an investment track for PR and can't the value of a purchased condo (assuming you paid in full) be counted towards that figure (whatever it is)?

It is not Tabian baan. It is Tambian Baan. It is pronounced Tarmbiarn Baarn.

I missed all the replies (the page must have got truncated), so I did some digging. I'll report my results regardless.

I did get two hits on ทำเบียนบ้าน, and a further one on ทำเบียน, but they may be bad typing slips (next key but one). I wonder if there's confusion with ทำเนียบ 'house, residence; directory'. I actually got 7 hits on ทำเนียบบ้าน, but they have nothing to do with the thabian baan.

In either case, 'tarm' is a horrible representation of the sound. It falsely suggests that the vowel is long.

Edited by Richard W