Emoticons Only Work For One Page!

Daffy D

When I want to use all the Emoticons they work fine for the page I called them for. But if I go onto another subject/page I have to download the again as the first set will not work the second time.

Is this a feature of TV or a problem with my set-up?

:o

Guest Reimar
When I want to use all the Emoticons they work fine for the page I called them for. But if I go onto another subject/page I have to download the again as the first set will not work the second time.

Is this a feature of TV or a problem with my set-up?

I think the Emotions are moving from foreground to background if you change the page. Just take a look at the open pages on the lower screen and you should see the Emotion page in the Launchbar

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
Reimar sorry I don't quite understand what you are saying.

I have the Emotions on the taskbar and bring it up for another page but clicking on a smiley icon to put it on a second page does not work.

Ok Daffy, if you look at the pic I'll attach here, you can see the Emotion page minimized in that Launchbar which is the most lower screen location, after you had open that page the first time and moved to an other page. Just click there and it came back to the foreground again.

To click non the smiley Icon didn't works!

Cheers.

post-33339-1218031206_thumb.jpg

post-33339-1218031223_thumb.jpg

OK! Yes I understand but here is the problem.

Example I answer this post to you and want to make it more interesting or humorous so I click on “Show All” and after a few moments get the window with all the smiles. I then select one or two to include in my post and submit the post. :(

I wait for my post to appear on the forum to check it’s OK and doesn’t need editing then move onto reading other posts. :o

So far so good - The Emotion window has minimized to the launchbar. :D

The problem comes with the next post. I write the post then bring up the Emotions from the Launchbar but when I click on a smile to add to that post nothing happens. The smile does not attach itself to the post. :D

Daffy. :D

Oh! Just to clarify things if on the second post I click on “Show All” again another Emotions window loads and from this window I can add smiles to the post. :D

Edited by Daffy D

Guest Reimar

Ok Daffy will try to do the same, with screenshots, and open now the Emotions: done and as I click to write this sentence the menu disappears! I'll now click on the Launch Icon: :D done and clicked on an smiley as you see!

Will now move to the Messenger ans send you an message: with smiley :D:(:D:o:D:D

Now the following was happens: you can see the 6 smiley's just above?! I still had this window open but minimized and as I clicked in the Messenger on an emotion it was placed here. To get it in Messenger, I had need to Drag'n Drop the Smiley to the messages!

So, the way to go is instead of double click o the smiley you want to use, use Drag,n Drop and it works.

Have fun.

Cheers.

Sorry Reimar Drag and drop does not work also tried Copy but Paste option greyed out.

Been playing around with various options and found if I click on one of the regular smileys first (the basic few that come up with the message page) I can then click on the All Emotions smileys and that works.

Weird - Guess it must be just me as no one else has chipped in with similar problem.

Thanks for your help

Guest Reimar
Sorry Reimar Drag and drop does not work also tried Copy but Paste option greyed out.

Been playing around with various options and found if I click on one of the regular smileys first (the basic few that come up with the message page) I can then click on the All Emotions smileys and that works.

Weird - Guess it must be just me as no one else has chipped in with similar problem.

Thanks for your help

Daffy, did you use IE or FF? You need to use RTF format and not ASCII.

But I haven't problems in FF with Drag'n Drop! Works fine for me.

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
Reimar - I use Internet Explorer. :D

What is RTF format and how would I use it? :o

:D

R(ich) T(ext) F(ormat)

I don't use IE but will take a look at IE 7. Take a look at the attached pic! You need to set IE7 to edit with Word or Wordpad.

Cheers.

post-33339-1218190206_thumb.jpg

I use IE 7 if it matters.

My screenshot is not quite the same as yours but I think the setting is OK?

post-35075-1218259064_thumb.jpg

Still cant add smileys to a second post without loading the Emotions window again. Will switch over to FF and see it works there. :o

Just for clarity the few basic smileys that come up next to the reply/compose window do work no matter how many different people I reply to or posts I compose

D :D

Second post using Firefox

:o:D

And what you know it works just clicking on them without reloading the Emotions a second time. :D :D :D

Drag and drop does not work -- java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_7")java script:add_smilie(":P","smid_7")

Strange it does not work in IE7. I did load the Beta IE8 but found some things did not work and uninstalled it, could that be the problem?

Anyway thanks for all your help it's no real problem for me just interested in knowing but can live without it.