Non O 1 Year Extension Date Calculation?

Non O 1 year extension date calculation?

September 1st is my arrival date stamped in my passport ona non O "marriage" visa issued in the US. With 3 month periods - 4 in a year allowed.

November 1st I appied for a 1 year extension and November 28th an extension of 1 year was granted.

Here is my question:

I assume that my 1 year extension is from Nov 28 2007 to Nov 28 2008 and that roughly30 days before Nov 1 should apply for my new extension.

Am I correct? Or is my extension really good from my arrival date of Sept 1st?

Note the immigration office stamps indicate that I am good to go for a November renewal but I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you!

They have taken to sticking a little piece of paper when you renew into your passport which indicated that you should process your visa 10days before expiration or sooner in the same month.

ie My NonImm expired 23rd, the paper in the passport said I HAD to renew before the 13th, so I went in on the 5th.... done, everyone's happy!!

...November 1st I appied for a 1 year extension and November 28th an extension of 1 year was granted.

Here is my question:

I assume that my 1 year extension is from Nov 28 2007 to Nov 28 2008 and that roughly30 days before Nov 1 should apply for my new extension...

I have a suggestion: look at that extension stamp and read it. If after this you are still confused, post the stamp here and somebody will explain it to you.

--

Maestro

Sam125

You should have an extension stamp in your passport which says...

Extension of stay permitted up to ......... DATE

What is THAT date?

In the past they made that date to be one year from date of Arrival.

If they are still doing the same then your date should be 30 Aug 2008

And if that IS the date - then you should be doing your extension application NOW !

Sam125

You should have an extension stamp in your passport which says...

Extension of stay permitted up to ......... DATE

What is THAT date?

In the past they made that date to be one year from date of Arrival.

If they are still doing the same then your date should be 30 Aug 2008

And if that IS the date - then you should be doing your extension application NOW !

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the replies!

I do not have a stamp that says "Extension of stay permitted up to xx"

Instead my stamp says: "Application of stay is permitted until 28 Nov 2008" which was signed on Nov 27. 2007.

The terminology: "Application of stay" is what prompted this thread. Most likely it means the same - but you never know with government offices - and that is a generic statement not directed at Thailand.

Lite Beer,

Thank you for the 90 day reminder. I will need to do one by August 25th so I have put it on my calender to do next week.

Hmmmm...are you sure that you are looking at the proper stamp?

You should have one that says "Application of stay is under consideration of the immigration bureau. Applicant must contact this office again in person on 27 NOV 2007." and stamped something within 30 days before 27 Nov 2007.

Then you should have another which says something like "Extension of stay permitted up to 28 Nov 2008. Holder must leave the Kingdom within the date specified....".

Thank you for the clarification. Some immigration offices, I noted, use an extension stamp with the misleading term “application” instead of “extension”. You were right to ask about it here.

You are good to stay until 28 NOV 2008. Make your next application for extension as planned in early November, basically anytime during the last 30 days but you are doing the right thing by not leaving it late.

--

Maestro

When the time came around again to start jumping through the hoops for my marriage extension. I went in for my last 90 days report, I asked them when I should report to start the process again. She looked through the passport and said call the day the stamp expires. Having said that the next 90day stamp lasted until mid september. So it is either the local offices making their own rules or it depends how busy the main office is. I was told last year Hat Yai deals with the southern applicants. Just got the call today to go in on the 13th for the next 12 months ext stamp. :o

When the time came around again to start jumping through the hoops for my marriage extension. I went in for my last 90 days report, I asked them when I should report to start the process again. She looked through the passport and said call the day the stamp expires. Having said that the next 90day stamp lasted until mid september. So it is either the local offices making their own rules or it depends how busy the main office is. I was told last year Hat Yai deals with the southern applicants. Just got the call today to go in on the 13th for the next 12 months ext stamp. :o

Mosha,

Hope that your visit goes smoothly. I will do my 90 day report this month and then probably do my next one in Nov when I do my annual extension.

Mosha, it was nice of the immigration office – at least I think it is the immigration office you are talking about – to give you a call to remind you about applying for your new extension of stay. For the rest of your post, I have no idea what "90 day stamp" you are talking about.

--

Maestro

Your next 90-day address report is due 90 days after your last report, unless you leave and re-enter Thailand in the meantime. The new extesnion of stay did not reset the clock.

--

Maestro